RUDD

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mpbdsnu:

mpbdsnu:

After losing two nash 3oz dumpy leads,  

Rudd, just out of curiosity mate, how did you manage to lose the leads? :)
1st one was on a safty clip. Absolute screamer of a run which scared the crap out of me as I had just dropped off to sleep. It almost pulled rod and pod in water even though baitrunner was engaged!!!!!!!!!

It must of pulled lead off clip during take.

I somehow missed it.

2nd and 3rd same rod as 1st

Landed a 12lb2oz ghostie after a brief tusstle in the lillies and lead was gone (clip may have done its job if lead snagged), as I landed it I noticed backlead whacking fish in mouth, as the lead was gone the backlead had slid right down the set up over tubing, clip and hooklength.

The backlead fell into drink as I landed fish.

4th one, other rod, safty inline set up.

As I packed away I pulled inline off the plastic bit that line passes through and dropped it onto grass bank.

You would not belive how high lead can bounce, it bounced off grass onto fishing platform and bounced the off platform into the drink.

I did swing a foot at it but missed!!!!!!!!!

I have changed te clip and tail rubber on the 1st rod as they may have just become loose.

I have emailed bloke on Isle of White my requirements.

He has come back with : 60 leads for 25.00 including postage.

Thats 42 pence a lead, at present I am paying 75 pence per lead.

[ 06. June 2005, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Ok Bivyman, its just that theres a guy on eBay based on the Isle of Wight who sells coated leads. I`ve bought off him before and they were brilliant. Just thought it may have been you so I could have given you a glowing reference!!

wolf.gif

Just reading through some of the posts and i thought id add my 2p's worth.

the other day i was fishing with some new coated leads (manufacturer unknown), when i hooked into and lost a fish, on reeling in my line i noticed that the hooklink had broke, and there was a suspicious looking shaving of the leads coating with sharp edges staring back at me from the lead! (the lake bottom isnt particularly rocky, more silt than anything)

since then ive only gone for painted leads as i dont want this to happen again, the plasticoated leads may be coated only in plastic but it still had my braided h/link for dinner.

just a word of caution, and id be interested if anyone else has had experience of this.

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand

Severn Wolf:

Ok Bivyman, its just that theres a guy on eBay based on the Isle of Wight who sells coated leads. I`ve bought off him before and they were brilliant. Just thought it may have been you so I could have given you a glowing reference!!

I am even more happy now I've seen that!! I have just placed an order with him(Shaun) and he even sounds and ok guy as well!! Thanks to Anglers net yet AGAIN!! And with not a little input from Rudd and yourself!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))