Wyreside

craynerd

I`m nott 100% sure when i`m going. I know its this week, someone on another forum is going with me, or should i say i am tagging on with them. I think it may be friday.

Anyways, thanks for the info. If i dont get any info from anyone else, regards to tips and baits...what baits would u take with you?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

craynerd:

regards to tips and baits...what baits would u take with you?

Chris

I'm struggling to help you here.

Several years ago I used to fish a float rod, trickling maggots in, plus a ledger rod as a sleeper. The float rod always came out tops.

Now I believe it's just a specimen lake, so boilies are probably the order of the day.

Float fishing in the margins may still be a winner though, if you've got the patience.

lol sorry carp_mad (ant) i went fishin lol!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Chris Not had the plesure of fishing wyreside St michael's but have stopped off 4 or 5 times to have a chat and wonder round.The going bait was MAINLINE Activ-8 then. so one of the newer mainline range is a safe bet :)

As i said that was!! the going bait and the guy who bailiffe's the water had about 8kg by his side :D

Good luck anyway Chris

ok good tip! was gonna take some active8 or maple8...dunno which yet....

Any preference for mainline baits as a general?

Here fishy fishy.......

craynerd:

I`m nott 100% sure when i`m going. I know its this week, someone on another forum is going with me, or should i say i am tagging on with them. I think it may be friday.

Anyways, thanks for the info. If i dont get any info from anyone else, regards to tips and baits...what baits would u take with you?

Chris

Given that I can't go fishing myself this weekend, I'm looking forward to some feedback on how your trip went Crayers?

I hope it was a success?

Hey guys, friday since we got back but i`ve been really busy to report.

So i went of Thursday with Jonty72 to Wyreside - Hudsons Farm, and i will tell you for a start i will definately be going again. Lovely place, nice settings, nice pegs and very secure (cctv!!). Got there on Thursday in between mixed weather of showers and fine patches, the board at the enterence had shown 3 fish had come out in the last day, which was a little off putting as most of the pegs were taken and there looked to be a good few rods in the water. Well we chose our pegs, 5 and 6, which for those of you who have been are next to each other facing almost in opposite sides of the pond, my peg, 5 looks out towards the shallower waters and johns peg 6 looked out towards some of the shallower water and then full access to the deeper water.

Spent a good while observing and markering the water, very clean bottom and mostly ranging from 2ft to 3ft directly in front. Umm not so deep and the cold weather was certainly there. Found a spot further out at 5ft so chucked a rod there. Tried a little bit of spodding which didnt help the fishing but certainly gave us some experience for summer and further trips.

The rods were out an hour and i was helping john when my rod bleeped, wahoooo a fish, 13 1/2 lb, my second double in a week, my luck had certainly changed, at last i was catching. . It was a crazy picture to get as there was little fight in the fish as it came up with weed infront of it which must have calmed it down. When we got it on the bank it was a case of piccys and then back in quick. So an hour into our session and i hadn`t blanked, time to relax and fish well.

The night was cold and boaring, a few bleeps due to the gail force winds but other than that not an alarm to be heard!

When Friday morning approached we recast in early to get some fresh bait in the swim. I put two of my rods where i had caught yesterdays fish and kept my spod mix going at a rod under a tree. 8:30 approx (the same time i had my p.b up at pilly a week previous) i had my second run, this felt a much much nicer fish. I was struggling to play this and i was finding it hard to reset my cluch as this was the first fish that was actually constantly slipping it at my normal setting. After a truely amazing fight i had it on the bank, an amazing 18 1/2lb common. What a great looking fish and probably one of the cleanest and unmarked i have caught. NOW i was WELL happy!!

About 1 hour later and i had another powerful rod bending run! Not as good a fight, and splosh! :( i lost it right at the landing net. GUTTED........but happy with my catches and certainly bummped my confidence another step further.

Hope to definately go again with John, and thanks for the invite mate, next time it`ll be you catching and me wondering !!

New PB 18 1/2 lb :D ..

Sorry i dont like doing this but i dont know how to post them here if someone wants to tho.....

pictures are on http://www.coarsefish.com carp forum, wyreside thread.

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......