PVA Bags ( need help)

smalltincup

Hi All

Need a little help, have been using pva bags on slowish moving rivers for a while and it has worked well (6lb chub well). Then moved on to using them for carping, however i have found that i cant get the PVA bag to sink. :mad: Now i normally make a pellet/hemp ground bait. When fishing a river i tie the pva bag to the weight so that the ground bait sinks and lands near the hook bait, ideal. What can i do to make the pva bag sink in a lake???? or am i just doing something wrong when i set my rig up???

Thanks guys

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

As above really,

When you've filled & tied your bag, just snip the corners off and puncture all over - this way the air can get straigt out and the bag will sink.

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

For solid bags I punture them a few times with a baiting needle.

If using an oil in the bag I only make holes in the top of the bag to stop it leaking and splattering about on the cast.

Have you tried fishrite bags with the holes already in them?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Why don't you used the ESP preforated PVA bags as the always start to sink the moment it hit the water

[ 14. September 2005, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Punture the bag with a baiting needle but don't cut the corners off.Dampen the corners and fold them back tightly until they have stuck to the bag itself.You need everything as tight as possible.This makes for better casting and accuracy.