Realtree Bouyancy Aid Vest

Elton

This may well be worth investing in, especially for those who stalk:

Realtree Bouyancy Vest

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why camouflage an item of safety equipment? Fashion consciousness to the point of stupidity. Rather like camo. patterns on bedchairs and sleeping bags... pointless, but OK if you like the pattern.

Surely to God you don't want to be inconspicuous in the water. Still, there'll always be someone.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan Stubbs:

Why camouflage an item of safety equipment?  

To keep from spooking the game you are planning to shoot.

Same reason a man using this boat

camo-boat3.jpg

Would have these seats

camo-boat2.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

As with all things Newt great in the correct context! Hunting ,shooting great,but down the local carp lake?

I personally wouldnt wear a "boucancey aid" as I cant see the point of one.Proper life jacket for me each time.Most jackets that are inflateable/self inflating are bright orange/yellow when up,for obvious reasons but the covers are avaiable in more sombre tones including real tree.If I was ever having to rely on a piece of saftey equipment doing its job I would thank god that my desision on which one I purchased was not based on its "fashionability"!

As an aside why would anyone buy a bouyancey aid at that price (er good though it is when compared to other firms in the UK) when for a few pounds more they could get something that would save their life?

Glad this is on the Carp section as so so many carp anglers go to that big bivvy in the sky through their total disregard for the dangers of water.

[ 23. January 2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie - I was simply answering the question asked. The camo floatation vests are made because there is a need for them.

As to the bit about 'why buy a bouyancy aid', they are lots less clunky than most true life jackets (the sort that will float an unconsious person face up) and in many cases, will be all the person needs. They would certainly be lots better than no floatation device and I'm guessing that's what most shore anglers wear.

Do you wear a life jacket when fishing from shore?

That being said, I have now switched over to the self-inflating ones. More expensive but much easier to wear. With them, you can safely go with camo if there is a need since the outer shell springs out of the way when the vest inflates and the inner section (usually bright yellow) is all that shows.

[ 23. January 2005, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

And orange on the reverse side. I suspect the dog does wear one while hunting is in progress unless they have a camo shelter for it to wait in between fetching birds.

an-camo-dog.jpg

I personaly find the "Suspender" brace (inflateable/self inflating)type jacket a lot less of a hinderance than a foam filled bouyancey vest as well Newt. Never felt the need to wear one whilst on the bank though.Should we? or is that taking it to far?

As you say these type will self right an unconsious person a bouyancey aid wont.I have always felt this is the true reason for wearing one.

[ 24. January 2005, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!