Realtree Bouyancy Aid Vest

Elton

I fish from a tidal shoreline (not for carp, but that's by-the-by) where, due to newly enforced stringent Health and Safety regulations, I am compelled to wear some sort of buoyancy aid. The fishing is all margin-style, often in just inches of water, so I don't want a brightly coloured buoyancy aid. Doesn't have to be Realtree et al, either - any drab colour will do - but choice of buoyancy aids in olive-drab etc. is very limited (as in, I can't find any!) so Realtree it might have to be.

Just mention this to make the point that there are two sides to every coin...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim - not sure of the wording of your regulations but if this would serve (and it should) then here is about the least obtrusive option I can think of.

an-float.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Andrew, I've had a quick scan of some game fishing catalogues as you suggested. Prices, as you said, tend to be high.

Still looks as though the Realtree version might offer the best value, notwithstanding the fact that I have an innate resistance to buying an item that might be regarded as "fashionable"!

Jim Gibbinson:

..... I have an innate resistance to buying an item that might be regarded as "fashionable"!

We could be related!

My daughter almost died of shock when she saw a new pair of shoes I'd bought. 'Dad, that's incredible - that's the nearest thing to fashionable you've worn since I was born!'

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Andrew Boyd:

Alan   Your daughter tell's me they were pink !

Jim    You were always the most fashionable person at the MMG meetings.

The only pink was my face with the embarrassment of being told that I was almost fashionable! As for theMedway Mullet Group I haven't been able to make a meeting for about 2 years as I live in Liverpool now and only get home for weekends once a month. More's the pity.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Jim why not a self inflating "brace" type life jacket? Doesnt get in the way and can be used for all situations and oh yes nearly forgot...will actually save your life if ever you need it to!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!