Camo catalogue

poledark

Got to laugh...just been sent a Tackle Box Catalogue, full of goodies and witha camo front cover.

I went to have another read and couldn't find the bloomin thing :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poledark:

Got to laugh...just been sent a Tackle Box Catalogue, full of goodies and witha camo front cover.

I went to have another read and couldn't find the bloomin thing    :D  

Den

This camo thing is really out of hand. I understand T-Shirts and clothing & Bivvies but buckets, alarms, banksticks etc etc is ridiculous. Just one word to say to those that claim putting Camo on a bankstick or bucket stops fish getting spooked by them, REFRACTION. Think about it, or look it up if your science lessons were too long ago. Camo is simply a fashion statment and mostly designed to extract hard earned pennies from our pockets.

How many times do you see (or not as the case may be) Mr.Én Vogue, got the lot, Camo Man turn up in his favourite swim, dump his carp porter down to the words "Thank F***, for that, here at last" and then proceed to throw all his lovely camo kit onto the bank and set up base camp whilst hollering to his loudly to his mate in the next swim "Looks good dunit?" "Should 'ave a few today bud", "Got the beer out yet".

Forget the camo cr@p and hone your bankside skills, it's MUCH cheaper, and guess what? you might just start catching a few.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Camo-gear needs to be properly accessorised - observation suggests that a frequent choice is a white baseball cap!

I think the manufacturers of angling camo-gear are missing a marketing opportunity. Quite obviously, bog-standard DPC (distruptive pattern camouflage) isn't good enough, so we've got camo-gear that is patterned with actual leaf designs, reed simulations etc.- but what about seasonal changes? Shouldn't manufacturers introduce "winter deciduous", "dead reeds" etc.? And real hardline purists would probably fall over each other to buy a camouflage print-pattern comprised of discarded Tesco bags, beer cans, plastic bottles, loo paper etc. - such a pattern would blend-in perfectly with bankside clutter on some of our waters.

During WW1 and 2 the Royal Navy used Dazzle camouflage which consisted of a complex pattern of geometric shapes in contrasting colours, interrupting and intersecting each other.

I would like to see this produced by the manufacturers as an option to the real tree type. It would look great on the bank, like a mobile cubist painting.

You could even introduce themes like Picasso style or Mondrian, the marketing possibilities would be endless.

Tony

[ 21. July 2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Jim Gibbinson:

Camo-gear needs to be properly accessorised - observation suggests that a frequent choice is a white baseball cap!

I think the manufacturers of angling camo-gear are missing a marketing opportunity. Quite obviously, bog-standard DPC (distruptive pattern camouflage) isn't good enough, so we've got camo-gear that is patterned with actual leaf designs, reed simulations etc.- but what about seasonal changes? Shouldn't manufacturers introduce "winter deciduous", "dead reeds" etc.? And real hardline purists would probably fall over each other to buy a camouflage print-pattern comprised of discarded Tesco bags, beer cans, plastic bottles, loo paper etc. - such a pattern would blend-in perfectly with bankside clutter on some of our waters.

Well put Jim, couldn't agree more!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Does anyone actually know what benefit the use of camouflaged clothing actually brings to session fishing?

I can see the point if you're stalking , but if you're bivvied up and static is it just aesthetics, or what? Isn't military surplus as useful, and a damned sight cheaper?

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Fox now have a cammo line.Somebodies gonna have to have it.It won't be long before some bright spark brings out cammo boilies.The carp will never find them though.Seriously,if people feel the need to spend their money on this nonsense it's up to them.You won't catch me out.

well I actually use the camo fox steel as my main line, mainly because i have been using soft steel for some time now and got the camo version to replace my old stuff

After seeing the underwater dvd part 4, I think disguising or just breaking up the solid look to your line or tubing gives an edge in certain waters

Common 40:

well I actually use the camo fox steel as my main line, mainly because i have been using soft steel for some time now and got the camo version to replace my old stuff

After seeing the underwater dvd part 4, I think disguising or just breaking up the solid look to your line or tubing gives an edge in certain waters

Got a point there!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Badger sleeping bags are camoflaged on the inside. Work that one out.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.