Camo catalogue

poledark

Psst! Lads - maybe if you look reeeeally, really closely at these 'nob heads' you're talking about, you just might see nothing more than an angler enjoying our sport in the way it suits him.

Beware applying nasty labels, chaps, because they may just stick to you.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could point, Wordbender, but weren't they just implying that the shiny stuff would scare the hell out of the fish, regardless of all the camo gear (rather than criticising other people's style choices)?

DavyR:

Could point, Wordbender, but weren't they just  implying that the shiny stuff would scare the hell out of the fish, regardless of all the camo gear (rather than criticising other people's style choices)?

Thats what I was getting at.

Why spent all that cash on camo gear only to have a bright shiney stainless set up on the bank?

I wear camo gear and try to disguise all my tackle and movements on the bank where possible.

Then the baliff or another member turns up in bright clothing and stands talking to what the fish thought was a bush!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

One of the lads I go fishing with is a big fan of camo, he disappears for days on end !! I too wear camo gear, I feel comfortable in it, and i have clothes just for fishing and therefore dont make all my other clothes smelly. Most hobbies have clothes and accessories designed for that purpose, getting ready mentally is important for everything, I find wearing my fishing gear starts my prep and I start to focus from there !!

DavyR:

Could point, Wordbender, but weren't they just  implying that the shiny stuff would scare the hell out of the fish, regardless of all the camo gear (rather than criticising other people's style choices)?

I guess. I'm probably a bit defensive on the Realtree thing, seeing as how it was me who introduced it to the carping magazines. Now THERE'S a confession!

Mind you, on the fish-scaring front; if I use stainless when I'm margin fishing, I always set it up well back from the edge so it's impossible to see from the fish's POV.

Obviously, I'll still spend an hour belting my bivvy pegs into the ground wiv me trusty mallet, but that's traditional innit? :D

All the best.

Wordbender - just get yourself a large nail gun. .38 cal blanks rather than .22 ones. Then with a little adapting you could put down a peg per shot and leave the mallet at home.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Beat hell out of the ground with a mallet, indulge in noisy conversation with a friend across the water, thrash the water to a foam with a marker float.... it's all okay just so long as you're wearing camo! Leastways, observation suggests that such is the case!

I still haven't found my Realtree jacket... :confused:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Jim Gibbinson:

Beat hell out of the ground with a mallet, indulge in noisy conversation with a friend across the water, thrash the water to a foam with a marker float.... it's all okay just so long as you're wearing camo!

Top tips from the maestro, there!

Hint: Cover your mallet with Realtree tape for that total-stealth effect.

Jim Gibbinson:

...indulge in noisy conversation with a friend across the water,

Whilst all the other things Jim mentions undoubtedly scare fish, I was always led to believe that they were unaware of noise travelling through the air (unless it's so loud as to cause a vibration through the water). Anyone any evidence that shouting across the water (annoying as it is to other people)scares fish?