Mullet on the Fly at the Cumbrian Fishing Festival

davestocker

I’m delighted by a new addition to our programme. Cumbrian guide and instructor Lee Cummings AAPGAI will host two day-long events pursuing mullet on the fly on the Cumbrian coast. I would have thought this to very early in the year for these ‘british bonefish’, but no. Lee assures me that there will be fish around. Better still the average size is expected to be between 7and 8 lbs.

There are only 5 places available on each day. Go to www.gofishinglakedistrict.co.uk click on Events for Monday and Tuesday for Lee’s contact details, cost etc.

Equally good fun and easier to catch is Bass on the fly

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I would so love to spend a day up country doing exactly this...

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

Tis goodly fun plenty of opportunities on the south coast which is nearer to you

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Roll on the summer!

I'm eager to get some fly-tying goodies and prepare for the bass, perhaps even concoct some elaborate bread patterns for the mullet.

Just been informed I have to cease doing overtime from July, so it's back to abject poverty in a couple of months.

Thanks God for the Medway being on my doorstep! All plans for much anticipated but costly trout fishing are now firmly outside my grasp :-(

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

Roll on the summer!

I'm eager to get some fly-tying goodies and prepare for the bass, perhaps even concoct some elaborate bread patterns for the mullet.

Just been informed I have to cease doing overtime from July, so it's back to abject poverty in a couple of months.

Thanks God for the Medway being on my doorstep! All plans for much anticipated but costly trout fishing are now firmly outside my grasp :-(

The Medway used to be rammed with mullet around the Upnor area as a boy I was on the T.S. Arethusa which was moored off Upnor we used to catch them out of the portholes.....

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I recall, some years ago, reading about using spider patterns for mullet. Worth a try.

Cheers,

OT

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious"

The Medway used to be rammed with mullet around the Upnor area as a boy I was on the T.S. Arethusa which was moored off Upnor we used to catch them out of the portholes.....

Alan

It still is, the problem is the ones not in the marinas, are very shy and spooky and i've not heard of them being caught on the fly its the old bread and onion sack for them.

MMC next week Andrew?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.