Are maggots full of germs?

The Flying Tench

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the maggots used for larval therapy are very expensive and are sterile,

who gets to clean the microwave after that method of execution has been used!!!!!!!!

judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

John Clarke - Do NOT put your maggots in water. REPEAT - DO NOT PUT YOUR MAGGOTS IN WATER!!

I'll leave it to the others to tell you why>

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I would love to use them but the rest of my team will not.They would be much quicker and cheaper for wound management,however not that many patients are happy to use them.

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Maggots carry a C strain botulism that is not harmful to humans, but is deadly to birds.

It is present in about forty percent of all commercially bread maggots for fishing, due to the way that they are bred.

It is very unwise to feed any of these maggots to birds no matter what colour.

It is difficult to resist when a little robin is begging . I have been guilty of feeding them in the past myself, but now I chuck them a small piece of meat instead. It is one of those instances when we do more harm than good with our kindness.

………..Liam.

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

I was feeding a swim before the end of the river season, where I'm 90% sure most of the bait was being eaten 30 yards downstream by a family of ducks, little you can do about it though

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY