JRC stealth brolly plus

RUDD

Anyone use one.

Is it any good?

I do not do many carp sessions and if I do they are usually short.

I would like to do a few overnighters.

I also like to travel light.

For these reasons a brolly system is a better option for me than a full blown bivvie.

I can get a brand new JRC stealth brolley plus for 135.00

Are they worth the money or are there better options available?

135 is my limit so its not even worth mentioning anything more expensive.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudd, they`re exactly the same as what I use, a Chub Reflex System but a load cheaper!!

Apart from one niggle (I would like an upright door but thats not a fault of the design, after all it is a brolly!) I really like the thing. They`re very versatile. Theres a few going for a song in the papers at the mo, tackle shops are trying to offload them for some reason. Check the small print, some are not supplied with the storm poles which are an `optional extra` but how the hell you`re supposed to put the damn thing up without them defys all reason. Its just a rip off.

Five minutes to put up ain`t too bad in my book, thats the full system. Its rock solid as well.

wolf.gif

I bought my Chub Reflex brand new still in box for £109 delivered,If you look on tackle trader there is a reflex used once for £90 the seller is based in Walsall.

As Severn Wolf stated they are great shelters for day session or overnites.

I recently brought the JRC 60inch oval brolly for short day sessions and I think it is excellent quality, Only niggle is for the reason severn wolf mentioned. I had to go out and buy the storm poles before I could even use it.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

Randal, there is an art to setting one up. It goes something like this:

Open the brolly and set it down flat on the bank. Peg the back four holes first then lift it and put in the two side storm poles. Peg those in as well (oh, use the bottom peg holes not the top ones) Then, this is the cute bit, slide the two front storms down the retainers and screw them in, the door needs to be closed now. Put the bottom of the storm poles in the bottom pegging points and extend them so all the slack is taken out the brolly. Adjust the length and position of the poles until everything looks good then just press the poles into the ground a tad, enough to leave an imprint. Shorten the poles so you can remove them from the pegging points and shove them into the ground as normal in the places you`ve just marked. Tighten everything back up again and bung in a few more pegs and the bivvy should be set up as good as its possible to get.

Sounds tricky but you get used to the order of doing things in no time at all, its literally back to front, marking the ground positions of the storms when they`re attached to the peg points makes all the difference believe me.

I`ve timed setting one up this way and its five minutes, not too bad considering...

I hope that made sense. If not let me know and I`ll get a few photos done, they do say a picture paints a thousand words!

[ 06. May 2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Severn Wolf ]

wolf.gif

Thanks for that m8,i've read it a few times and i'm still confused LoL,I'll have to print it and take it with me next time i'm out.

I'd appreciate some pics to make it a bit clearer so i've sent you my email addy.

Cheers mate.

My local tackle shop can do it for cheapist price in country!!!!!!!!!!!!! 135.00 if you take postage into account with others.

But I will still need to buy a pair of 36" storm poles (already have a pair of 48")

But they now go and tell me they have sourced an IDENTICAL PRODUCT from the same factory with the same specs and including the set of four screw point storm sticks that are needed for 130.00

With my 10% discount that will be 117.00

So do I go for the real thing or the copy????????

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!