Big fish off the top.

Sheepy

3 twenties in under 3/4 of an hour has been my best to date. Hair-rigged 12mm cork ball, which never ever comes off or needs replacing, with chum mixers as freebies....never fails!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i remember someone having Arfur from the Car Park Lake off the top not so long ago !! not that is a feat of angling :D

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

22lb10oz common is the biggest that I have had off the top, with a good few upper doubles and loads of singles.

I would say that "right place right time" are a big part of it, plus giving them confidence.

The 22lb10oz was taken in bright sunlight after a frost during the night, but the frost was only light.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

• 2 weeks later...

dont know what everyone is on i find that the larger carp are easier off the top, i had my first carp off the top this year on monday and it turned out to be a 30lb+ common.

it just takes patients to get the larger one to feed.

My biggest off the top was also my joint PB, a twenty pound common, caught on an Avon rod, 5lb line & size 10 hook. I was actually ledgering, but suddenly several fish started feeding off the top, so I stuck a controller on & a bit of crust off my butty, lobbed it out to about 2 rod lengths & 1st cast hooked up with my 1st twenty & only fish of the day.

Happy Days!