kayak fishing in suffolk, norfolk boarder

shooter tom

Mark Crame's probably your man Tom. He lives in Lowestoft and fishes both Sea and Broads and regularly meets up with other folk up your way and beyond (I am sure that he will respond to your post when he's on here next).

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Cheers for the heads up Jules.

Hi Tom, not sure where you are but can't be too far away i'm sure. There are a few of us here now, mostly newcomers to the 'sport'. I'm in Lowestoft and there are another 4 chaps locally plus our 'mascot' who visits from laandaan taan. Looks like another couple of soon-to-joins too.

Mostly we have been going out off Hopton this winter - easy parking, short walk and deep water close in with good fishing. Other areas are off Pakefield, Lowestoft and Gorleston. Waveney and Oulton Broad regularly get fished by myself too as well as Lake Lothing on summer evenings and another regular fishing partner fishes Overstrand and Sheringham area a lot from spring onwards. I believe there's another chap down at Dunwich, but we haven't met up yet, and Billy down near Aldeburgh.

So, if you want to come out with us you'd be more than welcome. As long as you have a PFD, drysuit (or similar) and you fit your yak with an anchor trolley system you'll be fine - we're fishing in 2-3 knots of current usually so anchoring is the only way off the coast here.

regards

mark

(ps - usually sat or sun mornings at around 6am)

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

hi,

does anyone do any kayak fishing in suffolk or the norfolk boarder area? i have just got a kayak and want to do some fishing from it. anyone know any marks or could take me out.

thanks, tom

I may live in Essex, most of my Kayak/canoe fishing is done around the coast near me, but have you thought of giving the Essex coast a try.

UKB

• 2 years later...
Cheers for the heads up Jules.

Hi Tom, not sure where you are but can't be too far away i'm sure. There are a few of us here now, mostly newcomers to the 'sport'. I'm in Lowestoft and there are another 4 chaps locally plus our 'mascot' who visits from laandaan taan. Looks like another couple of soon-to-joins too.

Mostly we have been going out off Hopton this winter - easy parking, short walk and deep water close in with good fishing. Other areas are off Pakefield, Lowestoft and Gorleston. Waveney and Oulton Broad regularly get fished by myself too as well as Lake Lothing on summer evenings and another regular fishing partner fishes Overstrand and Sheringham area a lot from spring onwards. I believe there's another chap down at Dunwich, but we haven't met up yet, and Billy down near Aldeburgh.

So, if you want to come out with us you'd be more than welcome. As long as you have a PFD, drysuit (or similar) and you fit your yak with an anchor trolley system you'll be fine - we're fishing in 2-3 knots of current usually so anchoring is the only way off the coast here.

regards

mark

(ps - usually sat or sun mornings at around 6am)

Hi

Am i am looking to try and sort a kayak fishing trip out for my partner as a christmas present.

Although he doesnt own a kayak (!!) so not sure if it something that people are willing to hire out and offer advice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are in the Essex area but i know he would be willing to travel.

Many thanks

Karen

I may live in Essex, most of my Kayak/canoe fishing is done around the coast near me, but have you thought of giving the Essex coast a try.

Hi there

do you know of anyone that hires out kayaks for a days fishing.

My partner is very keen and im trying to organise something as a christmas present.

Kind regards

Karen