Marmite

Vagabond

to suggest that what amount to chunks of rock have magical powers in theur native state is plain silly.

When words like #magical' are used then it does stretch the limitations of modern folk. I used to be a very, 'yes they are pretty rocks, but that's all' type of cynic, and I have seen the wannabees waving them around all gushy too. They vibrate, we virbate, link the two up, you dont even have to have an open mind.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curly wurleys used to be bigger and made from proper toffee!

Wagon wheels where a lot bigger.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

When words like #magical' are used then it does stretch the limitations of modern folk. I used to be a very, 'yes they are pretty rocks, but that's all' type of cynic, and I have seen the wannabees waving them around all gushy too. They vibrate, we virbate, link the two up, you dont even have to have an open mind.
How do they vibrate? come to think of it how do we vibrate? Terms like 'magical' are used by sceptics like Ken and myself when someone proposes something that flies in the face of the laws of physics. You can do better than this Emma, your very good and much to be commended for providing good research to back up your other posts. Please post a couple of links to some peer reviewed evidence supporting the healing powers of crystals.

There's a difference between a sceptic and a cynic. I have an open mind and will accept almost anything as being factual as long as it is supported by good evidence, even if in the past I have rejected the notion as being false.

Sorry Vagabond this is way :offtopic: now.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Liking Marmite is like doing a top button up on a shirt withouit wearing a tie, reading horoscopes, trainspotting, fervent religion, an interest in the healing power of crystals or an unhealthy love of Star Trek, Buffy or similar.

Not a certain indicator of incipient madness but definatly an indicator.

Ye gods guys, you'll be saying you like twiglets next.

I like Marmite, but none of the other things apply

Have not worn a tie, or done up my top button (or the next one down) for over forty years.

I used to use horoscopes as a bird filter (ie avoid those who believed in them)

I drove the trains that others would spot

My views on religion are censorable (and well known)

The only crystals that heal are those of sodium bicarbonate after too much curry (on second thoughts its probably too many chapatis - you can't have too much curry)

My liking for Star Trek (or more specifically Lt Uhuru) was EXTREMELY healthy!

Could not understand Buffy, (only watched for a few minutes) but did name my native-wood rod "Yggdrasil the Tenchslayer" in parody.

Never heard of Twiglets - are they a new pop group?

So Ken, your psychological profile is WAY out.

You obviously need a course of Marmite. :P

The same applies to Emma 2. Daily Marmite would prevent those imaginary complaints that you imagine are "cured" by crystals. :rolleyes:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

My views on religion are censorable (and well known)

The only crystals that heal are those of sodium bicarbonate after too much curry (on second thoughts its probably too many chapatis - you can't have too much curry)

MgSO4·7H2O crystals are pretty good too ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

MgSO4·7H2O crystals are pretty good too ;)

No, I don't want to send the curry into orbit, just buffer the chapatis a bit.

MgSO4·7H2O crystals taken internally are certainly not good, or magical - plain evil just about describes them.

One thing that is magical is the efficacy of Marmite as a bait additive, but don't tell those bounders on the Coarse Thread :shutup:

RNLI Governor

More of a Bovril man myself, but Marmite will do at a pinch and we have some in the cupboard now. I thought the colour and consistency were not how I remember it, but guessed that perhaps it was just me.

Back to the Marmite...got to agree Dave, it is paler and stickier, and nowhere near as strong flavoured. Strangely enough, I prefer it that way. With the original stuff, if I got a bit heavy handed with it, I found it a bit to strong. Therefore I would take great pains to spread it very thinly. Now it is not so critical, and I probably spread it a bit thicker.

So there is your answer, they want us to use more per slice.

Definite grounds for complaint I would say.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

The same applies to Emma 2. Daily Marmite would prevent those imaginary complaints that you imagine are "cured" by crystals. :rolleyes:

Yuk, I'd rather be uncured! ;)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

got to agree Dave, it is paler and stickier, and nowhere near as strong flavoured.

Ah, so it isn't just me

The country's going to the dogs - it has never been the same since they started putting news on the front page of The Times. :angry:

RNLI Governor