Marmite

Vagabond

No, I don't want to send the curry into orbit, just buffer the chapatis a bit.

MgSO4·7H2O crystals taken internally are certainly not good, or magical - plain evil just about describes them.

ROFLMAO

It doesn't surprise me that fish find Marmite attractive, most animals will sell their soul for anything that has a high concentration of vitamin B complex. Try a wee bit of marmite on your cat or dog and you'll see what I mean.

I love Marmite too, but haven't bought some for ages. I'll buy a jar next time I'm out, and let you know what I think.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to ask this Dave, but did you get the LIMITED EDITION Paddington Bear with your last pot? Came in a cardboard suitcase?

Was bought for grandsons easter present, but we (wife and I ) kept it for ourselves................. hee hee hee. And................we ate the Marmite as well :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

How do they vibrate? come to think of it how do we vibrate? Terms like 'magical' are used by sceptics like Ken and myself when someone proposes something that flies in the face of the laws of physics. You can do better than this Emma, your very good and much to be commended for providing good research to back up your other posts. Please post a couple of links to some peer reviewed evidence supporting the healing powers of crystals.

Crystals are natural solids formed within the earth's crust there are different ideas on how that different ideas of how they work.

They have a piezoelectric effect (the ability to generate a voltage in response to mechanical stress) and pyroelectric effect (the ability to generate an electrical potential in response to changes in temperature) .

Your perfectly right to say rhat there (so far) is no scientific proof that crystals can heal or perform magic, they can emanate a vibration and light with both piezoelectric and pyroelectric effects which we use in, lasers, computer etc.

I once imagined that any benefit supposedly coming from them was pure placebo. However after working with them and with some hard line sceptics I found that they do, do some strange stuff. I don't know how, but then again I don't really know how my car works, but know that it has got me to the lake lots of times, I don't have any real idea how my mobile works either but it does.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Have to ask this Dave, but did you get the LIMITED EDITION Paddington Bear with your last pot? Came in a cardboard suitcase?

No, but a year or so back we got a large pot of Guinness Marmite (ie allegedly made from Guinness yeast.)

That was the last time I remember the Marmite being the real deal - all pots bought since then are the "pale pink" version.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Crystals are natural solids formed within the earth's crust there are different ideas on how that different ideas of how they work.

They have a piezoelectric effect (the ability to generate a voltage in response to mechanical stress) and pyroelectric effect (the ability to generate an electrical potential in response to changes in temperature) .

Your perfectly right to say rhat there (so far) is no scientific proof that crystals can heal or perform magic, they can emanate a vibration and light with both piezoelectric and pyroelectric effects which we use in, lasers, computer etc.

I once imagined that any benefit supposedly coming from them was pure placebo. However after working with them and with some hard line sceptics I found that they do, do some strange stuff. I don't know how, but then again I don't really know how my car works, but know that it has got me to the lake lots of times, I don't have any real idea how my mobile works either but it does.

I know what crystals are Emma, and I know about the piezoelectric effect. I can explain how your car works, and how your mobile phone works. I can assure you that there is no magic involved. Not all crystals display the piezoelectric effect and as far as I am aware those who use crystals to 'heal' do not use this effect.

The only naturally occurring crystals that display the piezoelectric effect that I am aware of are berlinite, quartz, topaz, tourmaline, potassium sodium tartrate crystals and good old fashioned sucrose. Most of the piezoelectric crystals used in electronic components are made from man made crystals or ceramics.

I'm sorry Emma but I do not believe in ANY 'alternative' medicine. Replace the word 'alternative' with 'unproven' and it means the same thing. If they worked they would be mainstream.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I'm sorry Emma but I do not believe in ANY 'alternative' medicine. Replace the word 'alternative' with 'unproven' and it means the same thing. If they worked they would be mainstream.

Fair enough, to try and convince you otherwise would smack of preaching, and a preacher, or an evangalist isn't what I to want to be.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Fair enough, to try and convince you otherwise would smack of preaching, and a preacher, or an evangalist isn't what I to want to be.
Preaching would be too strong a word for me Emma. When you have empirical evidence I'll be only to ready to change my opinion.

Walk in peace.

I can't stand the stuff but Brenda loves it, so we have compromised - she has the Marmite snacks while I choose what I want! She used to have Walkers Marmite crisps, but the have now been replaced with "Marmite" crisps which are insipid (according to her)

I found marmite rice cakes which she says tastes like the "old" Marmite and she eats shed loads of that!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Try a wee bit of marmite on your cat or dog and you'll see what I mean.

Unconventional, I prefer it on toast :lol:

High in B-vitamins, also high in free amino acids (it's basically hydrolysed protein), so lots of umami to tempt any predatory animal. On the other hand, I hear that cats like earwax :yucky: