********* Carp Tours

budsy

Just thought i would drop a line as me and 3 fellow anglers have just returned from a week on the

edit note: spamish post mostly removed.

Poster, we'd probably be happy to have you as a contributor/poster on the forum but starting out touting a commercial guide service isn't a really great way to start.

Newt

[ 04. January 2005, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

i am sorry you feel i am touting a commercial guide service. this is not the case. While i was in Spain i met up with at least a dozen anglers on other commercial carping tours on the river Ebro who were less than happy with the service they were getting from their guides. On their return they have, on another forum site slated their tour company and the posts still remain but i post a positive opinion and it gets removed.

When you first join a forum - be it fishing, auto racing, it is a big help to give a short bio of yourself and then a few posts with your opinions so others can get a 'feel' for what you are about.

Generally when a new member's first post is about a commercial service be it to praise them or to bash them, we aren't likely to leave details in the post although bashing would be a tiny bit more likely to survive.

As I said above, we'd love to have you regularly taking part in discussions and after you've done a hundred or two or three posts, we'd love to hear about a great trip you've had.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Budsy,I used to be a full time professional guide I thought these internet sites would be a great way to advertise.Instead of pretending to be a "satisfied" customer I just went straight in asking if it was ok to advertise.A bit rude (as I was new to the Net and didnt really understand the etiquette) but at least it was up front.Some sites like this one even made a page for me to advertise,once again many thanks Elton) others like Fishing magic gave me loads of publicity in return for a few articles and photos.What Im trying to say is you have to be prepared to contribute a bit to get some thing in return.

Although no one seemed to take offence to my initial posts trying to get publicity for the firm I worked for I do regret the way I went about it.What I dont regret though is joining these sites as I soon realised that they are far more than a source of free advertising.I have found both AN and FM to be a great source of information and entertainment.I have attended several get togethers and met some nice people these along with many others I have corresponded with over the years are in a way fishing friends.Stay with us and you will see what I mean.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!