Whats new in carping?!

wow read this thread took me a half hour, why all the bitchin about carp anglers with a different aproach I ask this only because I have recently returned to fishing after a long break 6 years, found this web site to try and gather some good intel about were to fish for carp, pike, tench, skate, pollock and mackerel as I enjoy all types of angling always have done, but I have took a shinning to carp fishing and recently bought a load of gear ( still waiting on some arriving its now been three weeks) been bying all the mags which are great for bait advice tackle advice and were to fish if you live in england as that is were carp angling is big but I stay in scotland and if we do have a load of lakes - ponds stocked with carp then ive yet to find them but for the love of fishing is there a carp angler in scotland who can take pitty on me and tell me were I can get my new rod broke in its driving me nuts, yes we do have canals but i recently spoke to a tackle shop owner who said there are very few carp in the canals and with the canal being open to the boats again they are traveling from falkirk to clydebank, so it doesn't do well for carp fishing you mostly hook them by luck....can somoene tell me where I can fish for decent carp in scotland and do an all night without being mugged......?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got something new in carp fishing!

But before I plug my new site I wanna say that it doesn't offer the same thing as this website. This site is a really cool forum and its a great place to swap views and ideas, so well done chaps.

Our site is not a forum, its just a place to swap fish pics on a global level. you can upload and email your galleries to your mates.

link and a little text removed

edit note: it is also a site that requires you pay to play and while we do have a section of the forum for sites that sell stuff, this really is not one to use for that unless you are responding to a "where can I buy" sort of question. Newt

[ 16. November 2004, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Eeh, am i wrong when i think carping is all about the tackle and all the wonderful gear,gadgets,bits and pieces you can use to spread around you on the bank until it looks like a blown up tackleshop? :confused:

Obviosly i have to reconsider my latest 10 year of passion for carping.

Am i still wrong when i think i will be the winner if my collection of gadgets is the biggest when we all die?

I guess i have contemplate my whole life then, anybody know a good headmesserupper? :o

:D