Boilies vs particles vs pellets

Severn Wolf

Which is the best?

Are boilies top of the tree because they are better or just because everyone uses them? Pellets can be fished exactly the same as boilies (with a few refinements) and we all know the effectivness of particles over the years.

So, is there an overall outright winner here or do all three baits have equal merits?

wolf.gif

Equal merits for all imho, i tend to take select baits from all three catagories and use whatever seems a god idea at the time.

i think boilies are by far the most popular now, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it's the best, they're equally useful on different waters.

oh and Dante, i prefer Bill Shankley's quote to the one in your sig....

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

a lot of people think he just said "football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that." but they're far off.

irrelivent, but as a Liverpool supporter i just like talking about Bill Shankly regardless! :D

All have there own advantages and disadvantages. Just for ease of use i would go for boillies but pellet and particles quite often outfish boillies.

Another great quote from bill shankly

"there are two great teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves"

Regards Paul Mc

UJ Supanova:

i prefer Bill Shankley's quote to the one in your sig....

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

a lot of people think he just said "football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that." but they're far off.

irrelivent, but as a Liverpool supporter i just like talking about Bill Shankly regardless!   :D  

Ok put me out of my misery who's Bill shankly?

I've never been a big fan of boilies and I don't think I ever will be, they are usefull in many situations though, the primary one being that they are inedible by small fish, tiger nuts if properly prepared do the same thing though and I've caught more carp on them than boilies!

Pellets have to be my top bait and I seldom use anything else in summer on commercial pools, over a bed of boiled particles and micro pellets.

UJ Supanova:

i take it you're not English then.

he's a legendary football manager, the man that turned Liverpool Football Club from a 2nd division side to the most succesful club in British Football history.

Aye i am, well scottish by birth, but i dont follow soccer, cant stand the game tbh, now rugby ahh a proper mans sport <runs away and hides> :D:D

Any true angler will have experience with a whole host of baits, and then choose the one which suits the situation/session at hand, be it naturals or boilies, etc. I use all of them but have better results using naturals through the warmer months and boilies through the colder months, but I’ll use whatever I think has the most chance of scoring at that precise moment in time.

It my also be dependant on the water as well, I know many waters where the fish are so ‘into’ boilies that it seems you’d be stupid to try anything else, and vice versa.

It can be a bit of a pain at times making sure you always have any bait prepared and ready to go at any one time; chic peas, particle mix, hemp, maize, worms, tigers, beans, etc, so I can see why boilies are so popular – no effort, no maintenance. However, ignore the rest at your peril.

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!