Giving the sport a bad name...

Arf

Ah, the blessed syndicate and all of its wonderful doings.

The one I'm in is a most splendid thing. Monsters of many kinds lurk within it, I can always get a good swim, or do a bit of pre-baiting without fear of some dreadful fellow cashing in on my noble efforts, and I can even hunt rabbits, squirrels and pigeons on the surrounding land. We can have a hearty fire, too, and sit there staring into the flames, talking nonsense with a syndicate chum, as we share an impertinent bottle of red while jacket potatoes cook in the embers.

We have a sturdy little boat for exploration and retrieval of fish from weed, and many's the summer afternoon I've spent afloat, Polaroids to the fore, gently rippling around like a slightly less slimy Jeremy Fisher. Work parties are a joy, as our policy of minimal intrusion is maintained, and our blessed retreat is preserved for another year.

Our syndicate is a priceless monument to everything my fishing means to me, and needs no 'inclusive' input of any kind, thank you very glad. :P

I'll bid you good day. :)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

All,

Does anyone know a good Tench Syndicate in Oxfordshire?

I'm not joking - I would pay a few shillings to fish a well-managed, mature, lily-clad oxfordshire lake with Tench in it. There is one further requirement - the lake must contain absolutely, definetly no carp at all.

Thank you in advance,

Goose.

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

All,

Does anyone know a good Tench Syndicate in Oxfordshire?

I'm not joking - I would pay a few shillings to fish a well-managed, mature, lily-clad oxfordshire lake with Tench in it. There is one further requirement - the lake must contain absolutely, definetly no carp at all.

Thank you in advance,

Goose.

If only I did old chap! It would save a lot of driving to and from Kent! Have a word with Richard, he had a cunning plan up his sleeve on this very matter.

By the way, the Adam's Mill example is a bad one - the land owner made the decision to move from club to syndicate for reasons of peace and sanity, not because he was a money grabbing urchin. He also, as far as I know, wasn't an angler.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If only I did old chap! It would save a lot of driving to and from Kent! Have a word with Richard, he had a cunning plan up his sleeve on this very matter.

Does it involve some sort of fiendiesh plot through space and time which results in Wingham being moved to Oxforshire? (much like the moveable island from Lost?)

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

Does it involve some sort of fiendiesh plot through space and time which results in Wingham being moved to Oxforshire?

It's so funny that you should bring that up! What a co-incidence... Just yesterday I called up numerous material shops t ask if they had any space-time fabric in stock. I need some because I want to sew together the world's funkiest trousers. Yes, I am a closet seamstress.

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

I like it ! A bit like the Borg Collective. All individuality subsumed and all dressing alike with a liited range of responces to a situation.

I must watch carefully next tome Star Trek TNG is on to see if I can see any Fox or Shimano logo's on the Borg implants.

Speaking of Borgs, I would not at all mind committing some syndications with Seven-of-Nine :o

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

But it appears that most fishery syndicates are simply an excuse to charge a lot of money and restrict the membership, often meaning that good local anglers can't fish their local waters.

Den

That's exactly what syndicate means round my neck of the woods. To me it means SAS pike fishing!! LOL.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Does it involve some sort of fiendiesh plot through space and time which results in Wingham being moved to Oxforshire? (much like the moveable island from Lost?)

Not quite! I know just the place! Two lakes, not big tench but it is heaven on earth! There is one big stumbling block however, currently there is no fishing allowed. I was hoping a well managed syndicate might just be OK with the new owners!

Rich

Not quite! I know just the place! Two lakes, not big tench but it is heaven on earth! There is one big stumbling block however, currently there is no fishing allowed. I was hoping a well managed syndicate might just be OK with the new owners!

Rich

Now that has made the ears elevate!!! If you are looking for some 'interest' in this idea then count me in!

Visit My Galleries