anglers paradise in devon ( help )

j green

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to anglers paradise last year,and found it great. the only problem is that you have to book to go on the specimem, and main carp lake, and on both they get extremly busy, and often its very hard to get a peg altougth they are definatly worth fishing. on the specimen lake people were using larger baits to avoid smaller carp. people were mainly fishing on 21 ml halibut pellets, and catching carp and cats. i saw a man on the specy lake, and he was using the source boilies, and he had about 5 carp in a day all decent sizes, and i saw a women have a 31 pound mirror on a tutti fruiti boilie. I was on mainline maple 8 boilies, and couldnt stop catching very small carp which hadnt been netted out of the net. but i did manage a mirror of 20lb. for the cats many people were catching on worms presented a foot under the surface under a controller float. on large hooks. my mate who i was with was using large pieces of salmon and mackeral from tescos an a large hook and manages lots of small catfish out of the octopussy lake.

when i was there i fished on the easy accsess lake alot and used halibutt pellets to catch many carp around 14 pound but people were catching on just about every sort of boilies lots of people were catching on the accsess lake on fruity boilies such as strawberry and tutti fruitie. many cats were being caught from this lake on bunchs of worms just under the surface. hopefully this has been of some help !

Hi there

Myself and my partner szabi are off to Anglers Paradise on the 20th. So see you there. :-)

We went last year and had a great time, hense the return visit.

Grant - what time of year did you go?? we went early July and the specimen lakes were practically deserted most days??

Cheers

Jess

[ 16. August 2005, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Jackcatcher ]

last year i went on the 27 august, and it was really busy but everyone on the complex is friendly, and the barbacue they do is great, but be carefull of zygs wine because it is ROCKET FUEL. apparently its 20 percent! if i was after a 20 id concentrate on the main carp lake, and the specimum lake. last year alot of big carp were coming from patchs of lillies on the specimim lake. but when i went to the complex 2 years ago most carp were coming out of the main carp lake i saw somboby catch about 7 fish 5 of which were over 20 pounds! but the lake is difficult, some people catch a few, and some people catch nothing. I would advise using a quality boilie like a mainline or nash one. I also saw a 20 come out of the easy accsess. A lad was fishing near the island using boilies and stringers, and he had a fair few fish. However i dont think there are many carp bigger than 20 pound in the easy accsess lake. most are around 10- 14 pounds.

hi pike/carper

thanks for the advice

i will use mainline maple 8 and 20 ml halibut pellets over some pva bags of pellet and boilies and i will try to focus on the main carp lake and the specimen lake and i will do night sessions on both and also i will take your advice on catfishing by using some worms over a contoller float about 1 feet under

and the last thing is what lake is the best to stalk on out of the lakes for decent size carp about 18lbs plus

j.green

stalking on the carp lakes at anglers paradise is extremely differcult as the fish see it all the time. but last time i went there was a bay on the specy lake full of weed (not ideal) but there was a lad of around 17 who was a decent fisherman, there was some big carp on top in this weedy bay, and he sat for about 5 hours with floating bread, and eventually tempted a 21 lb mirror. God nos how he got the thing in!. but the fish will take dog biscuits if you can get them feeding confidently. when i went we were walking round the specy lake when we first got there, and found a group of huge carp all 25 pound plus. i had some dog biscuits on me so i lobbed some in, and they did take them but we couldnt put a bait in front of them because we wernt booked on:(. if i was you id try the koi lake. cant remember whats it called but you have to book it, and its fairly expensive. but the carp arnt that differcult, and we saw kois well over 20 pound. all dead nice colours! and they fight like ***k.

hi piker/carper

thanks for the advice on how to stalk at anglers paradise and i will stalk on the koi lake and try my hardest to tempt the carp on the specimen lake

also is there many 20lbs carp in the koi lake and can you see the carp moving alot in the specimen carp lake and the last thing is it any good stalking on the octuppussy lake

thanks

j.green

and about time too !!

guys i was once a syndicate member for 4 years in the 5C's let me pass on a few bits of advise :D say hello to Zyg from Big Dick hahah he will know who i am !

Right then the main lake, so many swims so so decisions are to be made. guaranteed the point swims aretaken and so are the bay swims. Opposite the left point swim by the 5C's hut is a swim called Rats that you fish alongside the isald, towards the end of the island is a deep spot about 8 foot (3ft off the island) off the Dam wall (bigdicks dam as they used to call it cuz that was my permanent home for literally 4 years) you want to aim for the small bush on the far bank, in line with the enf opf theisland on your tight (poss 50yards) here you will find the remains of the old stream that once ran through the field. The stream runs in, in zygs swim and ends at the dam. The stream is 8ft deep with 6ft either side ! i took probably 90% of my fish in this stream. All on active8 with 2kilo of hemp spodded in for them to sit on. then topped up every fish. sometimes i was catching 10-11 fish while everyone else was blanking :D you can reach this stream from a vairety of swims including the point, left of dam, the 'unfished' swims between the dam and rats. the quieter swims arethe ones behind the 5C's island and in all honesty i have only ever stalked the fish off the top in here when its baking hot. The swims next to zygs hut recieve an incredible amount of attention and in all honesty would stay away. Margins are no good really they do tend to hug the open water features.

Spessi lake is a corker especially with the new bit thats opened (well not really new lol) if you can get a quiet day then prebait some swims in th new bit i had Atilla and Aphrodite feeding at the same time on hemp and pellets the same night my bro caught Aphroidite at 32lb from the same swim. bait either side of the lilly pads and watch for signs. i caught most of my fish (inlcuding gemini at 33lb 10) off the bootom of the island. good head of cats in there too! they do love there fishmeal baits and mainline is thrown in by the bucket loads :)

the larger ctafish in the easy access lakes are tough to get into theres about 4 in there that are over 40lb now and one was out a few weeks ago, luncheon meat and fishy boilies will work ! theres rumours of a 590lber in the main lake but thats as they say rumours.

IMO i would defo go on the main lake but for maybe 2-3 days, go stalking on octopussy bait the margins and float fish its superb nailing a 20lber on the float uin the margins there. if you go on the spessi make it the end of the week as the punters are usually fed up by thursday and wanta ctrack at the smaller lakes ! and for christ sake dont drink too much wine ! lol as if !!

enjoy it and dont feel down hearted if you dont catch right away good things come to those who wait :D

Rich

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk