4 1 0

RUDD

4 1 0 And a blanking I did go.

Went for a short session last night, first of the year.

Four runs.

One hooked fish.

None landed.

Three runs resulted in striking into H2O

I have a feeling they may have been chub as the chub have been going metal in the last few weeks.

I did hook a good fish but think it was a big Tench or Chub as it gave a good fight but didnt have the power of a carp.

Got it away from the snaggy area, into open water and was getting it near to land when the hook pulled!!!!!!!!! Only saw a swirl in the dark.

I am still getting used to 2.75TC rods and might of overdone it!

Still 4 runs in 2.5hours fishing is not to bad a ratio and my baits are working, maybe my rigs are not.

Luncheon meat smeared with either braddocks mulberry+ or pungent surprise worked ok.

All 4 runs came on the same rod, 2 casts made with a pva bag of pellets and a few drops of pungent surprise, 2 casts with only a hookbait as I did not want to much bait in the zone.

I did have a monster adrenalin rush after losing the fish and was shaking like a leaf!

Now I remember why I fish for carp and cant wait until next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

Got it away from the snaggy area, into open water and was getting it near to land when the hook pulled!!!!!!!!!  Only saw a swirl in the dark.

I am still getting used to 2.75TC rods and might of overdone it!

Evening Rudd

Unlucky on losing out, but it sounds like the fish are ready & waiting for you.

As for getting used to the 2.75 TC rods, up until last year I was using a couple of broomhandle like rods, I'd had 'em for years & they served me well, but, if I was going to lose a fish it always seemed to be whilst it was close in, there was just too little action in the rods. I think they were 2.5 & 2.25 TC rods, but with very little give. At the same time I used to often fish with an Avon rod, probably 1.5lb TC, what a difference, even though I fish lighter line I always feel totally confident playing a fish on this rod, in fact I caught my joint PB on it on 5lb line.

Last year Dazler put me onto a good deal for three Nash Hooligans 2.25 T.C. for £100, still a budget rod, but the action is so much more forgiving than my broomhandles giving me much more confidence when playing fish, especially when close in.

Anyhow Rudd, get back out there this weekend & bag up matey!