River rye at nunnington....

dav

Can anybody tell me who has the fishing rights on the river rye at nunnington near kirbymooreside ? i did a job down there the other day and as always i cannot cross a bridge without taking a look at the rivers occupants . seen a couple of nice fish , one must of been around 4lb maybe bigger , and it actually looked like a trout . but not sure ......i seen a sign upriver of the bridge saying fly only , but i am not sure if this rule just applies to upstream of the sign as it was on a fence . anyone ???

Can anybody tell me who has the fishing rights on the river rye at nunnington near kirbymooreside ? i did a job down there the other day and as always i cannot cross a bridge without taking a look at the rivers occupants . seen a couple of nice fish , one must of been around 4lb maybe bigger , and it actually looked like a trout . but not sure ......i seen a sign upriver of the bridge saying fly only , but i am not sure if this rule just applies to upstream of the sign as it was on a fence . anyone ???

Hi dav,

I've not fished that far up the Rye, (it is likely it was a trout you saw, and likely to be fly only).

Here's some info for a stretch a bit downstream, If you phone they will probably be able to tell you more.

Malton & Norton Angling Club – River Derwent, River Rye

Contact Mr Shaun Fox 01653 600338

Coarse Fishing. Tickets are priced at £15 adults, £2 children, senior citizens/disabled £7 per annum-available from

Swifts, Castlegate, Malton; tel: 01653 694580 or Derek Fox Butchers 01653 600338.

Stretches of river include – Menethorpe, Norton, Espersykes, South of Ryton bridge, Howe bridge, Station Fields,

Howethorpe Ponds, (Terrington; note, juniors must be accompanied by an adult) – contact above for details

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John