okuma amazonium am-30

comradpoplin

hi there i have a chance of getting a okuma amazonium am-30 for £20 with the spare spools and spare handlefor my match fishing and its brand new and unused.

i allready have an interceptor 40 for my small lake carp fishing so i know that okuma make good reels as i have found no problems with it.

what id like to know is what are these reels like are they reliable quality models and if there are any problems what do you find them to be and be as detailed as you can i like to do my reserch before i buy a reel next to my rod i think of it as the most inportant piece of tackle you have its pne of the things you are constantly in contact with thnx all.

if life treats you wrong just go fishing if life treats you well just go fishing infact, just go fishing

Welcome to the Forum. I can't help myself on this one, but hopefully bringing this back to the top will mean more members see it.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I have not actually used the reels myself, BUT I do sell them and can only say that pound for pound they look VERY impressive!!

Not forgetting that the price tag would NOT buy you the spare spools for your average SHIMANO!! And that Okuma have on occasion made parts for the inclusion in SHIMANO reels I think the brand name speaks for itself!! That and a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects!!

Don't prevaricate buy one now!! And at £20?? That is very cheap!! I sell mainly Okumas and have done so for several years and have yet to have even one returned!! Put that against many other makes and models of reel?? Not mentioning ANY names!!!

[ 02. September 2005, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Chris Goddard ]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

how can you say that you have one & then go on to say what are they like. DO YOU COME FROM IRELAND BY ANY CHANCE. at that price buy it, try it & if you dont like it sell it to shaun for £25 lol

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

merlino:

how can you say that you have one & then go on to say what are they like. DO YOU COME FROM IRELAND BY ANY CHANCE. at that price buy it, try it & if you dont like it sell it to shaun for £25 lol

Is that leveled at me ?? If so please let me know at what address you reside in TIMBUCTOO and I will send my explanation!!

{2008 Editor's Note - please click here to view Okuma reels for sale}

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))