we need more baliffs urgently(what i witnessed was a disgrace)

jnixon

I fished in leicestershire sunday had a good day catching small carp rudd all day with jelly pellets brilliant day weather great then along came the dreaded scum from the local dump.They were shouting,swearing trying to fish but obviously didnt have a clue what they were doing.After about one hour one of these single celled planks caught a carp what a shame for that fish,they got it in without a landing net and then what i saw was utterly disgusting ,one of these no brainers stood on the carps head while the other plank pulled the hook out ,they just kicked it back into the pool.

How can i sit there and watch this happen obviously got the abuse bet eh one sharp wack with a rubber mallett done the trick.

told the owner and he just said what can i do.

Now surely we all need to set up some kind of petition to get more baliffs on our bank.

Start off by requesting licences before you can fish would help.

happy days fishing ruined by a bunch of idiots

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have removed the name of the venue, as there's way I can verify this and have been caught out like that before.

Are you saying that you hit one of the perpetrators with a hammer? If so, please let me know and I'll remove the whole thread before you are arrested. As much as you may have been appalled by what you saw, publicly admitting a crime like that would almost definitely land you in court.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have removed the name of the venue, as there's way I can verify this and have been caught out like that before.

Are you saying that you hit one of the perpetrators with a hammer? If so, please let me know and I'll remove the whole thread before you are arrested. As much as you may have been appalled by what you saw, publicly admitting a crime like that would almost definitely land you in court.

of course i didnt hit em there were six of em oh no

I fished in leicestershire sunday had a good day catching small carp rudd all day with jelly pellets brilliant day weather great then along came the dreaded scum from the local dump.They were shouting,swearing trying to fish but obviously didnt have a clue what they were doing.After about one hour one of these single celled planks caught a carp what a shame for that fish,they got it in without a landing net and then what i saw was utterly disgusting ,one of these no brainers stood on the carps head while the other plank pulled the hook out ,they just kicked it back into the pool.

How can i sit there and watch this happen obviously got the abuse bet eh one sharp wack with a rubber mallett would of done the trick.

told the owner and he just said what can i do.

Now surely we all need to set up some kind of petition to get more baliffs on our bank.

Start off by requesting licences before you can fish would help.

happy days fishing ruined by a bunch of idiots

Last summer i was fishing a day ticket water in Cheshire (i'm not naming as it is a very good venue). I was one of only 4 people fishing the match lake and was having a very productive day catching a lot of Tench and Carp. 2 young lads (probably 12 or 13) had been there all day and had behaved very well, Until one of the caught a reasonable size carp (7 or 8 Lbs). The lad landed it and i heard a bit of shouting from them and just assumed they were happy to catch a decent size fish. To my horror they were "Happy slapping" the Carp, 1 idiot filming it whilst the other Slapped it. I quickly shipped my pole back in and raced over, Upon seeing me run over (6' 1" and 20 stone) the lads looked worried and stopped filming, And slapping the fish. I didn't touch either of them but told them to leave which they did. If they had refused to leave i'm not sure what i would have done, But i would have got into trouble. I think that every time we fish a day ticket water , Whoever takes your money should also ask to see your Rod Licence, As most idiots probably don't have one so therefore wouldn't be allowed to fish. It only takes a few idiots to ruin our wonderful pastime.

Jp

Jp <"))))><

Whoever takes your money should also ask to see your Rod Licence, As most idiots probably don't have one so therefore wouldn't be allowed to fish.

And of course people are much less likely to ackt like knobs when they know that the fishery owner has scanned their rod licence and knows their name and address.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm always very suprised that the industry hasn't, for it's own good (positive PR and suchlike), introduced licence checking at commercial venues. I understand that they feel A. it isn't their job B. attendance figures may fall, but is that really a responsible stance on the issue?

Geoff

I'm always very suprised that the industry hasn't, for it's own good (positive PR and suchlike), introduced licence checking at commercial venues. I understand that they feel A. it isn't their job B. attendance figures may fall, but is that really a responsible stance on the issue?

Money speakes volume's though,if having a valid license meant that commercial water's had to check it and refuse those without one, what do you think would happen revenue would fall, so they would'nt bother checking and we are back to sqaure one again.

More input from the E.A is the answer,every commercial water should be made to pay for a operating licence.Then the E.A could do the normal checks on anglers licence's and if they find some one fishing without one the operating licence should/could be withdrawn.but hey that mean the E.A

giving a dam....which they do not seem to.

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

I think instead of having fishery owners checking rod license on the bank the people from the E.A. should do there job and actually come out and check the banks more often.

I dont see why its the job of the owners (some of them) provide nice surroundings and quality fish that most anglers wouldnt get to fish for otherwise. i think the problem is any idiot can buy a cheap rod from argos and wonder onto the banks and 99% of the time get away with fishing without a license which isnt fair on all the anglers that do buy a license.

Most anglers who take pride in there hobby will return fish in good condition tidy up after themselves and not make a nuisance of them selves so they will be welcomed back to the quality waters and be able to enjoy fishing in the future, its the part timers and and brain deads that usually cause the problems and as most of them dont have the capacity to outwit the fish and usually give up after a while.

i can think of at least 5 or 6 local waters that are ruined by idiots who probably wouldnt be there if there was some kind of official presence to check there rod licenses and ID them for the cans of super strength lager that makes up most of there "fishing equipment"

WG2? That's the problem with these small, remote commercials, the owners aren't there for most of the day so anything can go on, and you can't risk getting involved yourself. One advantage of only fishing short evening sessions is that I'm usually the last to arrive, and if it looks like there are noisy or unruly people already fishing I'll go to another nearby fishery instead.