3 hairs to 1 hook.

payara

hi all, i am just wondering if anyone has fished

3 hairs to a hook when targeting larger carp.i have thought of doing this after seeing it being done on a thai site by someone fishing for the giant siamese carp.i have also connsidered trying

longer hairs about 3in long and loading them up with maize or other particals and perhaps popping

them up with foam.anyone have any thoughts to add

to this.

i have done it with 2 hairs running off the bottom of the hook before. had the hair long enough for 6 or 7 pieces of maize on each hair,i have only tried this 2 or 3 times,the times i did use this rig the carp i caught with it were 18-19lbs.i plan on trying this some more this year,who know's maybe i'll finally catch that 30lber :D:D i been looking for on this rig

Papaya,

No problems at all with that tactic. Agree with your point about using it for small baits, I've used three hairs loaded with maple peas & peanuts & they've worked very well.

I would love to say it outfished all other methods but unfortunately I can't. It certainly held its own, but a single hair fishing particles over the top of a bed of the same caught just as well.

Just as a matter of interest, Rod Hutchinson used three hairs loaded with hemp, plus he had them threaded up the hookshank in....wait for it....1969!

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

It is certainly isn,t a new method payara,like peter said,we used to load up 2 or 3 hairs with the particle we where using at the time,sweetcorn,chick peas etc but i stopped because i was worried about the particle masking the hook point(i was a worrier back in those days) :D:D

Hows life peter :confused: :):)

thanks for your input guys,i know it is not a new method,like i said i seen it on another site and in some books.i just thought that i would bring it up to some english guys because i am sure some

of you have tried it and could give me some good

feedback on it.there is not many people you can talk to in the US about carp rigs so i come to UK message boards for info and advice.thanks again to all.

No problems mate, just hope the post was of some use to you. :D

Looking back to the posts, how the hell did I get Papaya from Payara, wasn't even that late when I posted! :confused:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.