Hot dog sausage

Pangolin

Shopping to prepare for our latest carp-fishing trip, I noticed that tins of hot dog sausages were a lot cheaper than luncheonmeat. I bought a tin of each, to take along. Fishing with my daughter, yesterday, we had four rods out, with a different bait on each: we tried boilies, pellets, luncheonmeat and hot dog sausage. All three carp caught were on the sausage, even though we switched the positions of the rods several times. It's a very easy bait to use; you just break off a piece of about an inch long, and hair-rig it, securing it with a mini boilie-stop. The sausage pieces stayed on the hook better than the luncheonmeat too. I guess there are probably some people who have been using it for years, but it was a new experiment for me!

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

you could also try the bait that has taken some waters apart this year already, still on the 'sausage theme' but PEPPERAMI !!

a small section hair rigged with a small pva bag of trouties, or even the 'stick' :D a deadly method when all else fails !!

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Ah, hot dogs, frankfurters, weiners...

A long standing American carp bait if ever there was one!

The very FIRST carp I ever saw pursposefully caught, was on a hot dog back in the mid 70's..

Gotta give em a go this year, I think.

Have not used hot dogs but have used good old peperami and have had some nice fish. Perhaps I should try hotdogs at my local fishery. I exspect it will catch fish hopefully a new twenty or a rare thirty.

Tightlines

Luke

i've used pepperami for years, responsible for my PB chub and river carp and countless others. one thing i have seen in the supermarket is little balls made of hot dog sausage meat, hot dog boilies in effect! always thought they would be worth hair rigging

Went down my local water last night and tryed hotdogs, brillant only down there a couple of hours. I had 7 carp to 15lb average size about 12lb. This is a result as normally using particles and bolies I would only expect one fish in a 24 hour session. Either the bait worked or I was in the righht place at the right time. The only down side was the size, there are alot of 20,s and the odd 30lb but I only managed a few low doubles,still all welcome nun the less.

Tight lines

Luke

[ 18. May 2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: purseyl ]