alarms

deanjones

I use the Fox micron m, the're the cheapest in the Fox range at around £20 but do everything I need. The've been drenched on numerous occassions and even covered in ice, but never failed, so reliability is sound.

Had cheaper alarms but i'd stay away from these as they let me down alot.

stick with the fox ones and you can't go wrong...if money's no object also have a look at the Delkims.

Not had either of the rods mentiond, but read many good reviews on the Rangemaster, the new Rangemaster 2 is surposed to be even better.

hope this helps :)

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

The fox micron m is a very good alarm for the price,or any of the fox alarms are good ,if you want something with a remote look at the fox rx's, best alarm on the market,in my opinion.as for rods the rangemaster rods are good,also have a look at the grey's prodigy rods, both of these rods are very popular.

deanjones & others,

Have either of you heard of the Cormoran "Corbas System 1200" UK Carp bite alarms? I was wondering as they are on sale here for €39.95 a piece with a Swinger to match each color. The swinger holders is built into the alarm, but you may connect it to the bank stick or extender arm post of the stand. They are said to be water proof and are very compact. I am considering them, but wanted to know your views. :rolleyes: :confused:

[ 29. January 2003, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: HOPPY4 ]

HOPPY

Has anyone tried the Ron Thompson ones? I know their sea rods get good reviews, but haven't spoken to anyone about their alarms.

One thing I know is, they're cheap!

http://www.fishing-direct.com/

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have. They stop working very quickly :(

One alarm that is absolutely superb for the money is the Maver alarm.

They're £19 each and so is the sounder box. They really are a pukka little alarm. They're about as big as the micron m but have better controls i think cos they wont keep switching on in your bag, and the ears are bigger so they're safer when fishing locked up tight to snags.

I think maver do a rod,pod ,3 swingers and 3 alarm system for about 70 quid. Definately worth a look.

They have a 1cm sensitivity, whereas micron m's have a 1.5cm sensitivity. They surpass them, and i only wish i'd have spent my money on them. :D

I am currently using the Ultron X3's they have stood up to anything i can throw at them including 12 hours of our lovely English rain and temps as low as 0 degrees, (i don't fancy fishing when its that cold again thou)

If the X5's are as good as the X3's i'd get them, :)

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"

Friends and I use Good Fishing alarms. They're British made and ultra reliable. They're sold direct to the shops and so are very competitely priced. There's a wide range including a new remote model and all use 9 volt batteries so are cheap to run.

Prices start at £19.90 for which you get both variable tone and variable volume. I use the next model up which gives me dual sensitivity and a blue LED. In fact it's almost identical to the Fox Micron MX but only £29.50!

They're not commonly available but as I live a few miles from where they're made I'd be happy to pick them up for any Forum member who's interested.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net