Gimingham Lakes?

Norfolkdan

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of information on Gimingham Lakes, Norfolk.

I have a few questions, that I hope can be answered. :)

1. Do they allow night fishing there, and how much is it for how many rods?

2. What do the carp go to, and what's the average size pulled out?

3. Is it easy to catch there, as heard it's a "runs" water?

4. A silly question, but do you think it's quite likely I'd beat my current pb carp at 13lb?

5. How's it fishing at the moment?

6. What baits work best?

Thanks very much for any help

Dan

Hi mate. To answer your questions:

Yes they do allow nightfishing

The Carp go to around 25lb (If that) they do say differentley but trust me they dont.

It is an easy water

And yes you will beat your p.b their.

Baitwise, boilies and particles.

However what I will tell you is this, be careful they have some unsavoury characters fishing their overnight, the old guy (Brownie) who owns it doesnt care and stuff regularly goes missing.

Also the place is a mess, with LOTS of rats.

Personally I would go to Adams lake at Cobbleacre, an excellent runs water with tons of fish between 10lb and 23lb.

I have had upwards of 23 fish in a night off their, again corn or boilies over particles.

See: http://www.cobbleacrelakes.co.uk

Thanks for taking the time out to reply.

I've never really had much luck at Adam's Lake, only ever having 1 run, which I lost. But never tried it too much for carp, or done a night there, so that could be the reason.

Most of your post sounded promising until the remark about stuff getting knicked. Would they bother you if you were sat outside all night, or would they become aggressive do you know?

Thanks again

Dan

I went their around 2 years back. In one night one little ***** try to sell me drugs and nicked my mates headtorch! Funny at the time because my mate is a copper! Also there was a young kid who had been kicked out of his bivvy and his tackle stolen the week before.aparantley the place is improving but my advice is to be careful.

On Adams the reeds are the spot, fish from peg 18 across to them or between the gap in the island with hemp and corn and fish plastic over the top, you want to be around 4' of um really and another around 8' off. You will bag up at night. If your struggling see Jason (Manager) he will put ya right.

Thanks for your help again, does sound a bit dodgey at Gimingham.

Is Jason a new bailiff as it used to be Chay Jackson didn't it??

He always seemed really helpful.

The only trouble with Cobbleacre is me and my mate are only 14, and I believe you have to be 15 to fish it without an adult

Dan

I am Chay Jackson!!! I left to be self employed in Decemebr. I am doing fishery consultancy and fish tagging now! I was helpful wasnt i!

Anyway me old mate Jase will look after you, let me know when you want to go and i will ring him.

Oh right, didn't realise, lol.

Do you think Jason would mind 2 of us doing a night sesh even though we're 14???

Lovely lakes at Cobbleacre, I remember when you let me and my mate fish when we were 13, and you'd just stocked a load of ornimental carp that you'd bred.

We went on to catch 46 during the day from Amy's Lake. Lovely fish and they fought hard too for there size.

Thanks for all your help again :)

Dan

Well I went there this morning to have a look. To be honest it doesn't look very well set up, and it looks quite a dodgey place to fish.

I think I'll try cobbleacre when I'm 15, in 2 weeks ;)I only just realised that, lol.

:D

Dan

• 6 years later...
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of information on Gimingham Lakes, Norfolk.

I have a few questions, that I hope can be answered. :)

1. Do they allow night fishing there, and how much is it for how many rods?

2. What do the carp go to, and what's the average size pulled out?

3. Is it easy to catch there, as heard it's a "runs" water?

4. A silly question, but do you think it's quite likely I'd beat my current pb carp at 13lb?

5. How's it fishing at the moment?

6. What baits work best?

Thanks very much for any help

Well I went there this morning to have a look. To be honest it doesn't look very well set up!, and it looks Quite a Dodgy place to fish.

I think I'll try cobbleacre when I'm 15, in 2 weeks ;)I only just realised that, lol.

:D

:mellow: Fished it a few times Not a place for serious carp fishing,a few fish up to about 20lb it is mostly average tench, bream, roach etc, 3 Small lakes with a track running around part of them (was lots of rubbish unfortunately),and it can get a bit noisey, no real cover, geese all over the place, has had a Cormorant problem PLUS Otters!!.NO night fishing due to theft and vandalism NOT PRICEY THOUGH(£4.00. last season i hear prices may have gone up) which is more than you can say for Some places masquerading AS FISHERIES locally. Had a Big problem with yobs and the usual trouble makers in the past.All three lakes are shallow with a few Lilly beds/weed growth generally a hard bottom, water tends to be a little coloured.You do not have to contend with a lot of Stupid rules or Someone sitting on your shoulder it could just do with a bit of discipline and care to improve it. :rolleyes: