Gimingham Lakes?

Norfolkdan

:mellow: Fished it a few times Not a place for serious carp fishing,a few fish up to about 20lb it is mostly average tench, bream, roach etc, 3 Small lakes with a track running around part of them (was lots of rubbish unfortunately),and it can get a bit noisy, no real cover, geese all over the place, has had a Cormorant problem PLUS Otters!!.NO night fishing due to theft and vandalism NOT PRICEY THOUGH(£4.00. last season i hear prices may have gone up) which is more than you can say for Some places masquerading AS FISHERIES locally. Had a Big problem with yobs and the usual trouble makers in the past.All three lakes are shallow with a few Lilly beds/weed growth generally a hard bottom, water tends to be a little coloured.You do not have to contend with a lot of Stupid rules or Someone sitting on your shoulder it could just do with a bit of discipline and care to improve it. :rolleyes:

[/

Since i last visited the place on holiday prices have gone up and it certainly has started to have a face lift we had a walk around although not much was being caught but you could see an ongoing improvement landscaping.The carp lake has had a few carp out in the last couple of weeks including a low twenty which apparently is the biggest fish in it?. Night fishing is now allowed but strictly controlled the price for just an overnight stay was to us a bit pricey! considering the fishing,swims and so on.A board with rules is now on display and apart form the controversial barbless hooks only rule which seems strange especially for a carp fishery, as we all know some fisheries still mistakenly insist on barbless even though.. they cause damage, the rest were sensible. Again i would personally class this as a pleasure fishery only not for the serious carper or for that matter specimen angler just a shame you cant get in until 7.00pm. :rolleyes:

• 9 months later...

hi Gimingham lakes is now under new management and there have been a lot of changes, new swims, strict rules, cctv cameras and locked gates,

biggest carp in there is 26lb to date but not seen or heard of anything bigger yet

well worth having another look as it is really up and coming now