luncheon meat

steve17

Used to use it a lot, and got good results, in fact, 2 of my 3 biggert carp to date have come on luncheon meat, 1 on float, the other legered.

I still use it today, but in small pieces for crucians :)

Dan

Steve, I've used these with a fair degree of success meaty_bits-vwd.jpg for a few years now. I've never had a big fish on them, but have caught when boilies aren't working. They can be a bit on the pricey side though (well they are in my world!)

The oil on them stinks & takes some getting off the fingers, which is maybe why they tend to prove effective?

BTW - for what it's worth, I'm not a specimen carp fisherman, more a pleasure carp fisherman.

Steve17

I fish a water where boilies are banned so I am used to finding other baits to use.

I had a 12lb common yesterday on princes luncheon meat that I had frozen in a bag with braddocks pungent surprise. I also rub in a few drops before casting.

The bait had been out for about three hours and I was thinking on rebaiting but had a cup of tea instead - gut feeling?

As I screwed my cup back on the flask I had a flyer of a run.

I dont normally use meat for carping but to many fish have been caught on it in the last few weeks on the water.

I had to use BIG baits to stop the other species having a go but still managed to hook a 5lb barbel.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Haven't used luncheon meat for a long time but have been using pepperami exclusively for 10 tears.Have caught all my carp on this stuff up to and including personal best 41lb 4ounce mirror.There are many alternatives to boilies.

grouter (Pete)