How to cast with a centrepin reel?

tiddlertamer

Haven't been about so only just read this...........

Not sure if it's a true Centrepin but i have no problems casting with one of my reels as it's a frontcaster !!

Just pivot the reel and cast as a normal fixed spool and then turn it back. Excellent bit of kit.

Bit too heavy for a long, trotting session but thoroughly recommend it for legering for Tench and Barbel or float fishing on a lake.

I love fishing the PIN.

JAK

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right for all of those of you who have questions about Pins and what to buy and how to cast the blessed things I have put together and article which has been shipped off to our lord Elton who will eventually put it up for all to peruse.

Hopefully it will answer many questions but if there are any outstanding just send them to me and I will endevour to do my best to answer them

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Ive recently started fishing with a centrepin and im now addicted lol.I'd never heard of the Wallis cast until i read this thread and I'm going to try it the next time I go for a session. Unlike most of you I do not reserve my centrepins for river fishing so dont have that long to wait ;) . So far my only method of casting has been the 'loop' method using 2 or 3 loops .My accuracy tends to go to pieces when the wind picks up but then again I'm not that accurate with a fixed spool lol.

To me using anything other than a pin with a split cane rod would be an insult to the rod and I'm addicted to the feel of a decent fish on a split cane.

Here's a pic of my best lake catch ... it doesnt show the rod that well but its approx 5.5 foot long and was my fathers. Its not one of the 2 ive worked on...(ive yet to figure out how to use the bluetooth gadget to get the pics of those from phone to pc lol) but I will be working on it soon.

IMAG0007.jpg