unfished pond

mike1234

Last year i got permission to fish a small farm that has 2 pools one a small man made pool and the other is an old natural pond that has lots of trees and the surface is covered in weeds and the bottom has a bed of sort of star shaped plants, i have never seen anyone fish the more over grown water preffering the smaller man made pool

last week there was no one else fishing either ponds so i decided to try out the more covered lake and was catching small perch and having my maggots shredded by sticklebacks so swapped over to worms/corn/bread and caught some better perch and roach but i noticed there was 2 carp patrolling around the weeds and i seen a few tench bubbles,

i am thinking of returning with a heavier outfit and trying surface fishing for the carp but i dont know if its a good idea due to the amount of snags everywhere and the amount of pond weeds around

and after speaking to the farmer he asked if i caught any carp or tench in there not to return them and release them into the smaller pool which i dont think i would be happy about

Well seeing as how the farmer who owns the land and the ponds has asked you to follow his instructions after granting you permission to fish on his land it would seem to me you have two options

1 Do as he says and continue to fish his waters

2 Don't fish there anymore

Another lovely old pond on its way out - shame. I wouldn't want to be responsible for moving fish from a nice old mature weedy lake into a muddy hole. If you do decide to fish for them, as long as you use stout tackle you should be OK. It would be a pity if you used barbless hooks and any carp or tench you caught came off at the last minute though...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Well seeing as how the farmer who owns the land and the ponds has asked you to follow his instructions after granting you permission to fish on his land it would seem to me you have two options

1 Do as he says and continue to fish his waters

2 Don't fish there anymore

i don't fancy lugging a fish in a landing net across a corn field, dont think it would be good for me or the fish and i dont understand the logic of moving the fish in 1st place when people can fish for them in either pond if they wish,

i really dont understand how it would benefit him having a fish in a pool on his land moved to another pool on his land unless he is planning on filling in the second pool or if its a case of fish welfare,

i really dont understand how it would benefit him having a fish in a pool on his land moved to another pool on his land unless he is planning on filling in the second pool or if its a case of fish welfare,

May be he thinks if he has an over stocked muddy hole he can start charging for the fishing.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep