Shimano Stella

Elton

Fancy the occasional bit of spinning for bass this summer? I've found the perfect reel:

CLICK HERE

Probably best to get a couple, just in case the misses fancies a go ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Probably best to stick a mile of 10lb on, for when you need that big chuck.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I have the Aero Technium XT 10000 and have to admit there are down sides to these high end reels :lol: It cast out of site with a simple over head thump and its retrieve rate is brilliant BUT it is next to useless in wind. Because the reel is designed to give line at high speed with the minimum amount of drag, during the cast there is absolutely no control over the wind taking an enormous slice of the action. When the lead hits the water you have another 50 yrds of line laying slack not an ideal situation in a big surf. So I find myself still using my ABU 6500 ct mags and the HS version and the 10000 has almost become a collectors item sitting here in mint condition awaiting it's chance of the next airing.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Fortunately, I don't have any mates, John :D

I can remember seeing the first ever Stella in the UK, some 10 or so years ago. The reel was originally developed for casting with really light lines by the Japanese - it only came with a very shallow spool that you'd be hard pushed to get 100 yards of 15lb mono on!

I've since seen the newer models, and they are superb. But - who the hell would want to spend that amount of dosh on a fixed spool reel? I'd be too scared to use it!

There's always the Van Staal option. Probably a better bet if you can't be bothered cleaning your £750 reel.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.