First ones i have seen this year

JV44

I have no idea what all the different birds of the UK are, but I saw something with a completely gold head the other day whilst out walking the dog.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have no idea what all the different birds of the UK are, but I saw something with a completely gold head the other day whilst out walking the dog.

Labrador?

I'm very envious of all these wonderful bird sightings. Spring is well and truely here but I haven't seen any impressive or exciting creatures yet.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest tigger

I was out walking the dogs at the back of our house yesterday and the dogs put 7 roe deer out of the woods which isn't unusuall as they chase them every day but then a corkin Fallow launched it's self over the fence out of the wood with the bullterrier on it's heels. It made me laugh as the deer took the michael out of the dogs doing exactly the same hopping thing as the Tommy gazells do to lions showing how fit they are. Great to watch though and before anyone gets upset the dogs have no chance of catching them and I think it's become a game for them now (the Roe that is). I saw numerous Hares, Rabbits, Woodpeckers, goldcrests, buzzards all kinds of little birds including the usual Pheasnts all in the one walk of about two miles. I like going on the same walk after dark and it's like another world all the creatures change to Owls etc, great stuff !

Guest tigger

Probably a yeollow hammer.

My wife’s more of the twitcher in our household, she amazes me with her knowledge of different species and calls. Not difficult, I only spotted a wagtail because it was doing what it should do.

On a couple of occasions now we’ve been driving home at dusk along the same quiet bit of road and come across a barn owl hovering by the roadside. The first time it happened the owl headed off along the road and we were able to follow it slowly for about fifty yards before it cleared off, it was only a few feet in front of us.

We’ve also had woodpeckers in our garden this year (I thought they were rare but apparently not) and a pair of blackbirds come down to dig up worms after every grass cut. A common species but still fascinating to sit and watch how they do it, it’s almost like they listen for the worms.

I’ve resolved to get out and see a lot more of Oxfordshire’s hidden bits this year. I’ve sold my noisy powerful motorbike and intend to buy something a lot quieter, slower and much more in keeping with pottering around the countryside…oh and a pair of binoculars.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Qoute tigger I like going on the same walk after dark and it's like another world all the creatures change to Owls etc, great

Walked back form my brothers last night after a few bottles of wine and a ruby and the walk takes us up and down a steep hill and through the woods ,loads of deer around mainly Muntjacs in the woods and Roe in the fields on the edge of ,one well made me jump right in front of us crashing through the undergrowth .

Another house down the hill has a one of those pot bellied pig things that were fasionable a few years ago and it wanders through there garden and into the wood ,meet that on a dark night and images of razorbacks/wild boar spring to mind ,It has given me more than one scary moment as i stumble across it on the way home :lol::lol: Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

How did you know it was walking home? It might have been off to the pub.

MC

Too funny.....

It makes a change from me ripping it out of people for not saying what they really mean!

For the pedants amongst us: "Whilst walking home the other night, I chanced upon barn owl, also known as tyto alba...."

I hope that clarifies things for you! :D:D:D

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I had a blank couple of hours on the river last night looking for sea trout. As i sat there waiting for the sun to go down the Sand Martins were flying about over the river, but Ive not seen a Swift or a Swallow yet.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Just seen my first house martins today, just 6 to the west of Worcester, only the swifts to go now!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!