Prebait with Vitalin ?

craynerd

Hi guys,

I really want to try a bit of pre baiting but i really cant afford kg`s of boilie at £10 a pop, so i thought about vitalin with boilie mixed. Basically prepare my vitalin by soaking in water until soft then when its in a dough like consistancy put couple of boilies in the middle and mold a ball around them, only smallish, so probably 2kg of vitalin would give me like 20 balls + maybe.....so that would be 40 boilies (which i can afford :) ) and then shed loads of bait to hold them in the area.!!! Might even add corn to the mix, that way they get use to that so i can even try corn as the hook bait.

Maybe do that mon, wed, sat, then fish it sun/mon ??

Granted, probably not as great as pellet and boilie but maybe worth a try.

What u recon ?

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

ya mate, my plan was to get them rumaging, i may add a bit of bread crumb to cloud a bit, but as its prebiting its not really a factor. Its already nicely different sizes so....as it comes pretty much....

Have you any cookin instructions lol....no seriously, how long do you soak it for and then once you have made the balls how long do you dry them for ?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Where did you guys get your vitalin?

the only one I can find is the new version that has loads of different vegies and meat chunks in it. Nothing like the bag I brought last year.

Effort equals reward!!

I got it from wilkinsons for 79p per kg, beats 15kg for £12 as i only wanted about 5kg!

Mine is the same chunky stuff with different coloured bits in, if u look closely its only dies, the stuff is actually the same!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

get mine from pet shop, 89p kg :) or you can buy it from a place called Cooks, for £8.50 for 15kg also where i get mine from :)

And good idea chris, if you can find a couple of k's of hemp and maize, boil them up and add it to the mix, more attractiong and are baits that are always catching! :)

You can use any hookbait you want over the top of it mate :) i tend to fish, over vitalin with particles then thread a bread crumb stick on and a maggot ball hookbait, or small boilie, or plastic or pellets, or what ever the smeg you want on it :D