4 Seasons fishery Blackpool

totally agree with you there this guy dugy may have a grudge or some thing about the place

he quoted one of my first posts on this venue mid april with a reply suggesting not to go there about 1 month or 2 after i posted

about my trip down there in may his reply was dated July bit strange ,

anyhow i have been there 4 times and only failed to catch once .

Good stuff mate, im gona see if i can get myself booked on sometime through jan and give it a go myself. All the best and happy new year!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff mate, im gona see if i can get myself booked on sometime through jan and give it a go myself. All the best and happy new year!!

get going mate try it a few time then if it suits you or not post up here with the results/opinion on the place

i aint next door to the place i traveled over 200 miles to fish this venue

all the best to you and yours have a very good 2010 i have had my 1st fish this morning.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

get going mate try it a few time then if it suits you or not post up here with the results/opinion on the place

i aint next door to the place i traveled over 200 miles to fish this venue

all the best to you and yours have a very good 2010 i have had my 1st fish this morning.

Great stuff mate, what did you have out? im still to wet a line, everywers frozen around here! Fourseasons isnt that far from me, about an hours drive. Its frozen over at the min and the fishery is closed so iv emailed them asking if they can book me on 14th-16th. See what happens... ill give it a few goes through-out the year though and see how it progresses. Its got to be worth a go through the winter being a new fishery. Ill get some pics up though if i am booked on.

Great stuff mate, what did you have out? im still to wet a line, everywers frozen around here! Fourseasons isnt that far from me, about an hours drive. Its frozen over at the min and the fishery is closed so iv emailed them asking if they can book me on 14th-16th. See what happens... ill give it a few goes through-out the year though and see how it progresses. Its got to be worth a go through the winter being a new fishery. Ill get some pics up though if i am booked on.

have a look here then scroll down to bottom post and see result

click here

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

• 6 months later...

i moved just north of Four seasons fishery 2 years ago and have fished various lakes i.e cleveley bridge, hudsons farm etc etc, ive mentioned in conversation with fellow local anglers 4 seasons fishery and to be honest what ive heard has put me off, in paticular a common converstion is that people have had tackle stolen, can anyone shed light on this?

Picking up the leaflet you think the fishery looks great, however word of mouth travels fast and theres a lot of bad mouthing the place.

I've heard on the grapevine that there have been a few thefts in the last 4 months ,

this is the main reason for installing the barrier at the entrance (Allegedly)

if you want to use there own landing nets and mats there a £50 deposit .

cpranim.gif

I've heard on the grapevine that there have been a few thefts in the last 4 months ,

this is the main reason for installing the barrier at the entrance (Allegedly)

if you want to use there own landing nets and mats there a £50 deposit .

The thefts cant be good for business as word travels fast, hopefully word will eventually travel round and the place will come good.

• 3 weeks later...
The thefts cant be good for business as word travels fast, hopefully word will eventually travel round and the place will come good.

alright fella's

we did have a couple of tackle thefts around April time, both of which, we're 99% sure, were perpetrated by anglers (if you can call them that!) who were fishing on site at the time. the first instance involved one poor lad who had his complete pod stolen. and the other was a young lad who had a marker rod taken from the back of his peg. though totally unnacceptable, 2 tackle thefts in the 17 months we've been open hardly constitutes a major problem and since the two sad occurances, appropriate measures have been taken. we now have a barrier that is locked every evening and only opened once the fishery itself is open, this way no-one can drive on OR off the fishery during the small hours. we also now have night time security who keep an eye on the place through the small hours and our CCTV has been improved.

touch wood, since these measures have been put into place there's not been a hint of trouble and should there be any in the future, the barrier will be staying down until anglers cars have been checked for any stolen gear. we don't like having to make these kinds of changes but sadly in the world we live in today it's inevitable that occasionally some low life will surface and ruin it for others

on a more positive note, i've fished on the site steadily 2 or 3 times a week since we opened (lucky man i know!) and have been stupid enough to leave my gear out on nights when i've not fished (through lazyness i admit!) many, many times and i can honestly say i've never been troubled by anyone or had anything go missing. two tackle thefts is two too many but put into context i don't think you'll find a safer fishery

cheers

oh, as a footnote, a couple of months back we introduced 60 more doubles into Mill Lake. these are the most stunning fish any of us at Four Seasons have ever seen and take the stocking in Mill up to just under 300 carp. i reckon even Dugy ^ might come back to have a go for these beauties! (we're not holding our breath!)

tight lines

Ben

Four Seasons Fisheries