4 Seasons fishery Blackpool

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has any one fished this venue , i have booked 3 days at the end of may

and would welcome any tips on what baits are doing well .

Hi Pete,

Yeah i fished it yesterday with one of my friends.

We only did 24hr but we did not have owt but a few liners.

I am actually on again next week thursday to saturday keep fingers crossed the wind blows different direction!!!

This is the only thing i can think of why nobody on the lake had a take,But in saying that the lad before had 2 fish out in the same peg.

Do not know what bait etc,might see u there next week gl.

WATCH OUT FOR THE WEED.

hope to see you there man i have some special Scottish boilies

from Ad Baits there great i have never blanked when using them , and some of my own 1st attempt boilies should be fun

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 2 months later...

We 3 in party booked onto Four Seasons fishery Blackpool for 48hr. On Mill lake on the 22nd July 09.

The Mill lake was supposed to be a "runs water" with a head of 250 as advertised, so we at least expected to catch a couple of carp each, nothing further from the truth, we all blanked!

We tried every rig and bait going including their own bait not even a touch. We only saw 3 fish being pulled out whilst we where there, I counted at least 20 rods in the water at that time. Some anglers had been there for over 3 days and blanked, this was before the pellet saga.

There are far too many pegs for such a small lake, this gave rise to other anglers casting into your swim, this became very frustrating and annoying and very ignorant on the part of some inconsiderate anglers.

A large amount of carp pellets was thrown in the lake at four strategic points for the purpose of school age anglers and a visit by Sky TV this killed the fishing right off for other anglers on the opposite bank.

The pegs are large but drainage is poor, recommend 12inch pegs for your bivvy if you still fancy fishing this place after reading this.

After 24hrs we packed up and left, we could not stand the place any longer, we have never ever done this in all the time we have been carp fishing. Total waste of £40.00

Sorry Four Seasons Fisheries but you may well have a well turned out fishery with all the amenities but there are far too many pegs on both lakes, this is not just our view but views of other anglers we have spoken to and there is something wrong with the fishing there, such comments as the carp are line shy, you need a longer hook length i.e. 10 to 12 inches!!! Are they not virgin carp you have stocked.

has any one fished this venue , i have booked 3 days at the end of may

and would welcome any tips on what baits are doing well .

Think again about fishing Mill Lake, read my Post.

It seems every angler that has fished it has struggled to catch, complained to the owners of problems we encountered

there, all's I got was sorry.

THERE IS FAR TO MANY PEGS FOR SUCH A SMALL LAKE, LINE CROSSING IS COMMON

Waist of money

We 3 in party booked onto Four Seasons fishery Blackpool for 48hr. On Mill lake on the 22nd July 09.

The Mill lake was supposed to be a "runs water" with a head of 250 as advertised, so we at least expected to catch a couple of carp each, nothing further from the truth, we all blanked!

We tried every rig and bait going including their own bait not even a touch. We only saw 3 fish being pulled out whilst we where there, I counted at least 20 rods in the water at that time. Some anglers had been there for over 3 days and blanked, this was before the pellet saga.

There are far too many pegs for such a small lake, this gave rise to other anglers casting into your swim, this became very frustrating and annoying and very ignorant on the part of some inconsiderate anglers.

A large amount of carp pellets was thrown in the lake at four strategic points for the purpose of school age anglers and a visit by Sky TV this killed the fishing right off for other anglers on the opposite bank.

The pegs are large but drainage is poor, recommend 12inch pegs for your bivvy if you still fancy fishing this place after reading this.

After 24hrs we packed up and left, we could not stand the place any longer, we have never ever done this in all the time we have been carp fishing. Total waste of £40.00

Sorry Four Seasons Fisheries but you may well have a well turned out fishery with all the amenities but there are far too many pegs on both lakes, this is not just our view but views of other anglers we have spoken to and there is something wrong with the fishing there, such comments as the carp are line shy, you need a longer hook length i.e. 10 to 12 inches!!! Are they not virgin carp you have stocked.

hi all i was lucky as i went up to check out the place. all i can say is do the same if you can.while i was there both lake was full with anglers casting over each other.people walking round lakes asking anglers if thay have caught from off the street. the lake is clear with weed about 2 ft high its like straw. all wats missing is the tele tubbies.

Think again about fishing Mill Lake, read my Post.

It seems every angler that has fished it has struggled to catch, complained to the owners of problems we encountered

there, all's I got was sorry.

THERE IS FAR TO MANY PEGS FOR SUCH A SMALL LAKE, LINE CROSSING IS COMMON

Waist of money

It sounds like they have dug a hole in the ground,made it look pretty,filled it with rake of pegs and stocked it with............what have they stocked it with,were there any photos???? Edited by wellyphant

We have fished Four Seasons recently and after reading your review was a bit wary, like yourself found excellent facilities, such as the showers, cafe, electric on the peg, friendly staff etc, Ill be honest when I started reading through your review it sounded like you had been on the lakes for a few days to read down to find that you had been on for 24hrs.

within the first 24 hours we had a 28lb cat, and were told on arrival that cats were fishing better than carp at the time, so didnt feel that the fishery had led us to believe that we would be pulling out an abundance of Carp, so to be fair its down to the fish, and going on other fisheries such as the monument, who are also stating Carp is tricky fishing so it is a little unjust to blame the fishery for that.

On other reviews we have seen other comments such as four seasons is commercial, I just feel that the fishery have made an effort to make the experience as comfortable as possible, I can certainly see this as an attractive fishing venue for women anglers, but at the end of the day its a business, which to its credit have out alot of time effort and expense into looking after itself, Four seasons work on an own landing net, mat and weigh sling policy, which were of a top quality, again looking after their fish, which can only be said to improve the experience for the angler aswell as its own interests.

We also had food from the cafe and I dont think £5 for a full english with toast and coffee brought to your peg hot and on time is not alot to ask for really, and if you dont fancy their prices there is a chippy which does a decent cod and chips on the caravan park 100 yards from the entrance to the fishery for £2.50.

The pegs are close together but you didnt feel like you were fishing on top of each other and we had no trouble with other anglers fishing over our lines or into our zone, we could only put this down to talking to other anglers close to our peg. All I can say is dont give up on the fishery, we have fished other places and drawn blanks, and have decided not to fish there until certain issues are resolved, such as pond weed (lots of!) having to walk for what seemed like half a day for the toilet etc,

Understandably this is a fairly new fishery, and having all the facilities is this does may not suit everyone, but being an agler for close to 25 years I can only say this fishery can only get better, well done four seasons. :thumbs:

Edited by Newt
Added some paragraph breaks for easier reading

It sounds like they have dug a hole in the ground,made it look pretty,filled it with rake of pegs and stocked it with............what have they stocked it with,were there any photos????

There is pictures of some fish and cats that have been caught on both lakes

Not many considering the volume of anglers on the lakes.

We have fished Four Seasons recently and after reading your review was a bit wary, like yourself found excellent facilities, such as the showers, cafe, electric on the peg, friendly staff etc, Ill be honest when I started reading through your review it sounded like you had been on the lakes for a few days to read down to find that you had been on for 24hrs.

within the first 24 hours we had a 28lb cat, and were told on arrival that cats were fishing better than carp at the time, so didnt feel that the fishery had led us to believe that we would be pulling out an abundance of Carp, so to be fair its down to the fish, and going on other fisheries such as the monument, who are also stating Carp is tricky fishing so it is a little unjust to blame the fishery for that.

On other reviews we have seen other comments such as four seasons is commercial, I just feel that the fishery have made an effort to make the experience as comfortable as possible, I can certainly see this as an attractive fishing venue for women anglers, but at the end of the day its a business, which to its credit have out alot of time effort and expense into looking after itself, Four seasons work on an own landing net, mat and weigh sling policy, which were of a top quality, again looking after their fish, which can only be said to improve the experience for the angler aswell as its own interests.

We also had food from the cafe and I dont think £5 for a full english with toast and coffee brought to your peg hot and on time is not alot to ask for really, and if you dont fancy their prices there is a chippy which does a decent cod and chips on the caravan park 100 yards from the entrance to the fishery for £2.50.

The pegs are close together but you didnt feel like you were fishing on top of each other and we had no trouble with other anglers fishing over our lines or into our zone, we could only put this down to talking to other anglers close to our peg. All I can say is dont give up on the fishery, we have fished other places and drawn blanks, and have decided not to fish there until certain issues are resolved, such as pond weed (lots of!) having to walk for what seemed like half a day for the toilet etc,

Understandably this is a fairly new fishery, and having all the facilities is this does may not suit everyone, but being an agler for close to 25 years I can only say this fishery can only get better, well done four seasons. :thumbs:

We felt very let down by Four Season Fisheries. They should have told us that carp pellets were going to put in the water the day we were fishing.

I have spoken to a long standing and respected carp angler who also sits on committees and I told him of the pellet saga

He was fuming and said we should have been advised of this, also it was very bad practice to do such a thing whilst other anglers where fishing the water. Two of our party had taken time off work to fish the water for 48hrs so to leave after 24hrs must tell you something.

It’s funny other anglers I know that had fished the water laughed and said “I bet you blanked”

Also the previous post also says he witnessed line crossing, are we both wrong?