4 Seasons fishery Blackpool

I merged the two topics about this fishery. All posts from both topic are here in the proper order.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We felt very let down by Four Season Fisheries. They should have told us that carp pellets were going to put in the water the day we were fishing.

I have spoken to a long standing and respected carp angler who also sits on committees and I told him of the pellet saga

He was fuming and said we should have been advised of this, also it was very bad practice to do such a thing whilst other anglers where fishing the water. Two of our party had taken time off work to fish the water for 48hrs so to leave after 24hrs must tell you something.

It’s funny other anglers I know that had fished the water laughed and said “I bet you blanked”

Also the previous post also says he witnessed line crossing, are we both wrong?

Not saying you were wrong, just that we had a completely different experience than yourself, understandly you should of been informed about the pellets, and I also took time of work to fish there so youre not the only one who has done that...

As I said its a new fishery and just wouldnt rule it out just yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Not saying you were wrong, just that we had a completely different experience than yourself, understandly you should of been informed about the pellets, and I also took time of work to fish there so youre not the only one who has done that...

As I said its a new fishery and just wouldnt rule it out just yet.

You may not have had the same experience, but it is strange a number of anglers are saying the same thing as I have said!

But what you’re saying is, come to the water and pay good money get your lines crossed, it doesn’t matter if we get the rowing boat out and throw kilos of bait in the water whilst you’re fishing, that all part and parcel of carp fishing "don't think so"

What two water I will recommend to anglers is LES BURONS IN FRANCE and WYRESIDE FISHERIES at St Michaels

But what you're saying is, come to the water and pay good money get your lines crossed, it doesn't matter if we get the rowing boat out and throw kilos of bait in the water whilst you're fishing, that all part and parcel of carp fishing "don't think so"

No. What CrozzieCarp said is that people should check it out for themselves since he had a very different experience than you and it is a newish fishery which might be changing for the better.

Much of this is a matter of perception and two anglers might perceive the same water very differently.

For instance, I would find almost any UK water to be overly small and overly crowded for any serious fishing although fine for social outings. You would probably find my local waters to be much too large and uncivilised for your tastes. We would both be correct since we are talking about our opinions.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 2 weeks later...

Well yesterday I had a chat with one of the top carp anglers in the UK who I me up with now and again on my carping nights out and got onto are usual chat of places and catches we have been and caught.

FOUR SEASONS FISHERIES came up into the conversation, when I told him my experiences he laughed and said you have just confirmed what his mates had told him about the place, not happy and left early.

Seems to be a familiar story or am I mixing in the wrong circles

• 4 weeks later...
No. What CrozzieCarp said is that people should check it out for themselves since he had a very different experience than you and it is a newish fishery which might be changing for the better.

Much of this is a matter of perception and two anglers might perceive the same water very differently.

For instance, I would find almost any UK water to be overly small and overly crowded for any serious fishing although fine for social outings. You would probably find my local waters to be much too large and uncivilised for your tastes. We would both be correct since we are talking about our opinions.

Alright folks, thought it was about time we put in an appearance on here ourselves.

on the whole it's been a great start at Four Seasons, with a huge amount of pb's smashed and some stunning fish being caught, so far our lake records are as follows:

Lodge Lake : Carp - 32lbs Harry Almond

Catfish - 44lbs 2oz Pete Freeman

Grass Carp - 31lb 8oz Mark Edwards

Bream - 11lb 6 oz Johnno Robertson

Mill Lake : Carp - 24lb 12oz Andrew Gilliver

Catfish - 31lb Gary Lonsdale

despite such a positive start we are not ones to rest on our laurels and we realise that things can and must improve if we're to keep the fishery moving forwards. based on some of the feedback we've gratefully received, we've decided, at this point, to make one or two changes, changes that will hopefully take the fishery on to the next level.

firstly, we've heard of a few anglers being unhappy at people crossing lines and the fact there's too many anglers on at any one time, to this end we've decided to reduce the maximum number of anglers allowed on the lakes at one time to 12 on Mill (previously 16) and 10 on Lodge (previously 12). We will also try to control more, the actual pegs those anglers fish so, with your help, the days of crossing lines, and being hemmed into a corner, have come to an end.

We've also decided to rethink a couple of our rules, with the aim of making your fishing time with us as enjoyable and productive as possible.

# 1 - Maggots are now allowed on both Mill and Lodge Lake

#2 - Leaders are now allowed, providing either the hooklength or the lead

can easily (and I can't stress that enough) be shed in the event of a

breakage. the first tethered fish found, the rule changes back, fish safety

comes first

#3 - fishing from proper fishing bivvies only, no camping tents

another thing that has been mentioned is the presence of cars, coming and going on the fishery at night, this is unacceptable and will be remedied ASAP with either a gate or barriers.

as for the fishing itself, we're aware that Mill Lake especially has, at times, fished a bit harder than we would have liked. That's not to say it's been nothing but a slog on there, that's far from the truth, with some people catching upwards of ten fish in a session, there's just no consistency to it as yet. At this point we must remember that the fish have been in Mill for over 18 months and Lodge for 12 months, relatively un-fished for, before we opened, I imagine it must have come as quite a shock to the system to suddenly have all that angling pressure thrust upon them. we, of course, want everyone who fishes with us to catch a bag full and go away raving about the place, but in carp fishing, as we all know, that's not quite how it works. the stocking levels are something we're committed to looking at over the winter period and if we feel any lake needs a boost, with EA permission, we'll do it. This subject is something we'd appreciate your thoughts on, what sort of fishing are YOU after? more action from smaller fish, or less action from bigger specimens?

finally, I'd just like to take the time to thank every one of you who has fished at Four Seasons, it's been great meeting up with so many top lads and I know I speak for the owners as well, when I say it's been a real pleasure and we hope you continue to enjoy our facilities long into the future.

and please remember, if ever you have a suggestion, constructive criticism or just an opinion about the fishery, please let us know your thoughts, we can't do anything about it, if we don't know there's a problem in the first place.

thanks

Ben

p.s. apologies if i've posted this twice, computers are not my strong point!

• 2 weeks later...
Alright folks, thought it was about time we put in an appearance on here ourselves.

and please remember, if ever you have a suggestion, constructive criticism or just an opinion about the fishery, please let us know your thoughts, we can't do anything about it, if we don't know there's a problem in the first place.

thanks

Ben

I wrote to Four Season twice, my second mail was ignored, as for constructive criticism, may be some fairness

And a gesture of good will from yourselves would have not gone a mis.

I wrote to Four Season twice, my second mail was ignored, as for constructive criticism, may be some fairness

And a gesture of good will from yourselves would have not gone a mis.

you clearly didn't enjoy YOUR time at our fishery, and have no intentions of coming back, as was made clear in your emails.

at the time you were fishing we offered to sort out your grievance (that of someone casting into your swim) but you told us your mind was made up and you were leaving. we've apologised for anything we did whilst you were at Four Seasons in our reply to you. there's nothing to be gained by going over old ground repeatedly. we've come onto here to let people know that we're making an effort to improve things not to rake over a one off incident 3 months ago that has already been put to bed.

• 2 months later...

Dugy, you cant base a lake on one sesh...especially a new water! and especially wen you only done 24hrs! Iv gone days without a fish and returned to a lake and caught numorous fish in hours! Its fishing...not catching! You have just wrote the lake off when there is clearly protential there, give them a few years and the fisheys will be a totaly different place! The fishery has already started making amendments to try and stop this line crossing issue. But people to thier own, if you dont like it then fair enough, just leve it at that, let other people make thier own minds up.

Dugy, you cant base a lake on one sesh...especially a new water! and especially wen you only done 24hrs! Iv gone days without a fish and returned to a lake and caught numorous fish in hours! Its fishing...not catching! You have just wrote the lake off when there is clearly protential there, give them a few years and the fisheys will be a totaly different place! The fishery has already started making amendments to try and stop this line crossing issue. But people to thier own, if you dont like it then fair enough, just leve it at that, let other people make thier own minds up.

totally agree with you there this guy dugy may have a grudge or some thing about the place

he quoted one of my first posts on this venue mid april with a reply suggesting not to go there about 1 month or 2 after i posted

about my trip down there in may his reply was dated July bit strange ,

anyhow i have been there 4 times and only failed to catch once .

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif