overnight footware...............

Polly

tried BIVVY SOCKS and got nowhere so lte's try this.......

Need something on my feet that are sleeping bag freindly (ie not shoes or boots) but will keep my feet dry should I need to nip out to the rods during the night. Talking socks here rather than the rubber slippers, anyone know of a product anywhere and yes, I've tried tying plastic bags over my socks!!!!! not wise I assure you, especially on wet slippery banks, I'll leave the rest to you imaginations!!!!!!!

"BLEEEEP BLEEEEEP BLEEEEEP", PANIC STRICKEN ANGLER RUSHES OUT OF BIVVY,YOU CAN GUESS THE REST I'M SURE........

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I'd be interested too see what people come up with too.

I hate wearing shoes in my sleeping bag, so normally take some loose fitting DC's that I just leave in the porch and of I get a run can get out, and slip em on easily.

Dan

what about the Nash bivvy boots, not got them, but i`ve seen um`. They are a proper boot, but with a sock insert that you can take out and sleep in and run outside if you need to get out quickly to the bleep bleeps.

Also , i saw some bivvy slippers in my local shop, they are like wetsuit material so not a hard shoe and more of a soft slipper.

Definately thinking of getting some!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

I was presented with this same problem a few years back, I tried everything from nioprene stuff (Divers boots cut down) Slippers like mocasins hard sole type, no slip rubber bottomed socks and so on and so on. What I have ended up with is Dr Scholl/Elesse sandals (I've had both and both are excellent) there slip on but get a size bigger so if you wear socks and it's not a problem sliding your feet in, as soon as the alarm goes off swing feet in Sandles and out you go if anything happens like you fall in no problem they float!!!!

As I said I have tried just about everything and this definatley works best for me.

Bankside

Sounds like there's a gap in the fishing tart's (me included!!!!) "MUST HAVE" items. Some ideas to toy with there guys. I really wanted something I could wear (in the bag) permanently throughout the night, surely there must be a waterproof sock with like a thin rubber sole????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

You mean you actually put out baits at night??????? :confused:

And there was me thinking the idea was to get a good nights kip away from the terrible trio (wife, 1 year old and 3 year old daughters). demon

No honestly, you cant beat a pair of wellies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Only joking, I use a pait of trainers that are laced in a way that they dont need tying and my feet just slip into them.

I have wondered what others do.

In my army / army cadet days we keeped our combat boots on and just slipped them into a carrier bag while getting into sleeping bag.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Polly:

surely there must be a waterproof sock with like a thin rubber sole????

Like i said, the Nash fishing boot insert!!!!

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...