MY NEW TOY!

Janet

Nope. Not a Canon.....a cheap (uinder £30) dinky little pink Technika camera from Tesco! I have had some brilliant, pin sharp pictures from it, but only when it's in a good mood! It's wonderful with good light, but I always seemed to end up with blurred pictures on dull days and I haven't had one really decent picture using the macro facility.

The Samsung is heading back to the shop shortly - I've found that the lens cover doesn't always close properly as it should. A little tap sets it right, but that shouldn't be necessary on a new item. I will also point out the green/yellow problem as I agree with you that this shouldn't be happening on a brand new camera.

Luckily I didn't delete the pictures from the card, so I can let the guy in the shop see them. I bought it from what I believe to be a decent local camera shop rather than off the shelf from a supermarket, as I wanted a demo first. I hope their after-sales service is good.

Thanks again for the assistance! I'll let you know how I get on.

Janet

Its your call Janet, but, what about a 'brand change'? on the grounds of 'no faith in brand/product'??? and 'not fit for the purpose for which it was sold'? Depending on budget??? I suspect you could do better? So soon after the sale you will be entitled to your money back, the world is your 'lobster' :P:lol:

SW

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her you go Janet, had a little, very quick play, hope you dont mind . . . ? with the good pic you posted. Its not perfect and there are better at it than me. Gives an idea of what can be achieved 'simply' I'm definitely a 'keep it simple stupid' type when it comes to 'post processing'. Thats what it is to me processing as one would expect in the old days of the limited adjustments of the dark room.

First the Original you posted.

SS8505761.jpg

This one is mainly adjusting the green and a little sharpening, slight yellowish warm tinge to the image that I find acceptable.

ReworkedJanetSS8505761.jpg

This is a little cooler, with all three colours just edged off a little.

ReworkedJanetoptionSS8505761.jpg

If you change brand, this almost certainly wont be needed so much???

All my humble opinion Janet, surprise someone has not put their two penneth in by now, most know my abilities are limited.

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Thanks again. I've had a little play with around using the software that came with it, and had some good and quite interesting results.

It's another bright and sunny day today, so I'm going out to take a few pictures using the different settings to see what happens. I've given the camera a good clean with an air spray, and the shutter is now working fine. I suspect I'd got something in it from putting it in my pocket without a case.

Janet

SW, I think I've finally cracked it!

Just a few snaps taken from the back yard this morning...

SS850645.jpg

SS850646.jpg

SS850650.jpg

SS850652.jpg

I think I'm doing something wrong whilst uploading them though, as they are pin sharp on my PC, but appear slightly fuzzy on here.

I'll give you three guesses what I was doing wrong!!!

Janet

Oh, I'm a happy little bunny now!

SS850654.jpg

SS850663.jpg

Just a couple of quick snaps I took on my walk to the shop before my batteries died yet again!

I think I must have changed something within Photobucket though, because the pictures are very clear and sharp on my PC, but seem to have lost something now I've posted them.

Anyway, that's enough messing round for now - I must go and do some housework!

Thanks again for all your help SW!

Janet

What ever you have done Janet, keep doing it, the pictures you took going to the shops, they are fine, you should be happy with them. Back yard pictures are not showing? I presume you have deleted them from Photobucket.

DandilionrwSS8506631.jpg

CherrytreerwSS8506541.jpg

I've had a look at the two pictures in PS Elements, frankly they are very good as far as balance in 'levels' is concerned. Levels shows a graph to indicate how well the colours is distributed, it looks OK to me. I've added a tad of 'sharpening', not an unusual requirement on any photo, regardless of camera.

I'm wondering if the program that came with the camera might be enough to be going on with . . . looks good to me. :thumbs:

So now you seem to have the measure, we had better watch out in the monthly competition . . . B)

Back to some house hold chores for me to, off work to day, getting affairs into shape, Hazel, my partner has a collapsing lowers spinal disk, MRI scans on Friday showed a wedge of bone where the flat disc should be (osteoporosis). It got the orthopedic department pretty excited, waiting for a phone call for admission and emergency operation, could be this afternoon?

SW, (Cliff)

I hope she's alright. I'm currently off work with a bad back problem too.

Yes, I did delete the pictures - I forgot I'd posted them on here! They were very sharp and the colours were spot on. I was absolutely delighted!

All the problems were of my own making! I'd been messing around on the day I bought it, and took a picture of one of the girls at work, then turned it into a nice sepia print for her. I was messing around with the different colour settings, and had somehow managed to save the "green" setting!

Am I glad I discovered that before I went storming back into the shop! As it is I'm very happy with the camera at the moment, now that the problems is sorted.

Take care.

Janet

I hope she's alright. I'm currently off work with a bad back problem too.

Yes, I did delete the pictures - I forgot I'd posted them on here! They were very sharp and the colours were spot on. I was absolutely delighted!

All the problems were of my own making! I'd been messing around on the day I bought it, and took a picture of one of the girls at work, then turned it into a nice sepia print for her. I was messing around with the different colour settings, and had somehow managed to save the "green" setting!

Am I glad I discovered that before I went storming back into the shop! As it is I'm very happy with the camera at the moment, now that the problems is sorted.

Take care.

Janet

;) Remember I did ask if someone had been playing or demonstrating with it when this thread first started . . . B) All's well that ends well. :sun:

Enjoy, SW

I went out for a wander yesterday, now that I appear to have solved the problem with the colour on my new camera. What do you think?

SS850686.jpg

SS850730.jpg

SS850695.jpg

SS850732.jpg

The trouble is, I can't stop taking photographs! I've even photographed the kitchen tap!

SS850700.jpg

At the moment I'm basically just getting to know the camera and the different sttings. There is so much to learn!

I just love the macro setting, as this really is an area I'd love to concentrate on, but I think I have a lot to learn before I start doing that! Best learn to walk before I try to run, eh?

I've decided that instead of taking random shots, I'm going to concentrate on the river and riverbank near my home, as I pass it each morning and evening on my way to work and see it in all different lights. I've also been playing around with the editing software that came with the camera, and hopefully I'll soon be able to adjust my photos to improve them (or is that cheating??)

However, the one thing that the software and camera can't do is help with composition! Any suggestions for a good book or a website I could look at? I spent most of yesterday afternoon browsing the Internet, but didn't find anythiing that was particularly useful for a raw beginner.

Janet

Janet i seem to remember HB had a problem with batteries once and i'm not sure but i think he had to change from ordinary to rechargables or the other way round.

i have done a quick search but cant find the post.

cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/