Ethics in coarse fishing?

Ashikata

I think the P+P forum members were right to be suspicious and I was surprised you lot didn't pick up on the signals the 'no-brainers' spotted.

Maybe you lot are just a bunch of gullible fools?

I can assure you that while they may come across like a bunch of ***** (and much as the halfwitted thugs amongst them drive me to despair), there are some very sharp cookies on that forum. Bullshit soon gets sniffed out on P+P and gets what it deserves. That's one of it's biggest assets. No point being nice to a bullshitter.

Probably best you lot stay here with your slippers on where it's safe and cosy... :D

Dave

dlstsig.png

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the P+P forum members were right to be suspicious and I was surprised you lot didn't pick up on the signals the 'no-brainers' spotted.

Maybe you lot are just a bunch of gullible fools?

I can assure you that while they may come across like a bunch of ***** (and much as the halfwitted thugs amongst them drive me to despair), there are some very sharp cookies on that forum. Bullshit soon gets sniffed out on P+P and gets what it deserves. That's one of it's biggest assets. No point being nice to a bullshitter.

Probably best you lot stay here with your slippers on where it's safe and cosy... :D

I don't feel Ive got anything to hide and i don't think he was told anything he couldn't have found using google.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

''Why do fish always pull in the opposite direction to your rod after being hooked?

Surely if it felt pain it would sometimes move towards the pull to reduce pain like a warm bloodied animal usually does??''

I agree with everything other than this. Although, I still believe fish don't feel pain.

The reason I don't agree with that above quote is because of my silly dog who forever has to lay behind my pc chair. My computer chair is on wheels and on more than one occasion i have pushed back and rolled over her tail, trapping her hair by mistake. Now, instead of standing still when she feels the pain, she pulls like hell to get away making it ten times worse. Although she does feel pain, she isn't quite intelligent enough to stand still.

I realise that is very anti my beliefs and i'm in know way suggesting that is what fish are doing. I just thought i'd mention a fair point

All I'm gonna say Mr Lumb is that if this chap was indeed an 'Anti' then surely the responses given him on the P+P forum would only have shown anglers in a bad light? Whereas the polite and intelligently formed ,knowledgable answers given hereshow anglers as willing to educate people over the common misconceptions...

"Bullshit is given the treatment it deserves" oh contrare mon ami... the treatment Bullshit deserves is to be IGNORED .

Now if the folks here appear to be slipper wearing gullible fools i find that preferable and more beneficial to the sport we all love than the hobnail boot wearing skinheaded yobbo attitude shown on the P+P forum.

In essence the treatment given this chap there makes anglers look like a bunch of self centred antogonistic egomaniacs.

Edited by Krazey Dave

All I'm gonna say Mr Lumb is that if this chap was indeed an 'Anti' then surely the responses given him on the P+P forum would only have shown anglers in a bad light?

You ought to get out more. The users of the P+P forum are more representative of anglers in general than you lot of rose coloured spectacle wearers.

Show anglers in a bad light? Maybe, but at least they weren't stupid enough to post the foot-shooting rubbish that appeared on here.

As for bullshit, if it's ignored then it becomes accepted as fact. That's bad. Nobody who spoyuts lies should be allowed to get away with it.

Dave

dlstsig.png

You ought to get out more. The users of the P+P forum are more representative of anglers in general than you lot of rose coloured spectacle wearers.

Show anglers in a bad light? Maybe, but at least they weren't stupid enough to post the foot-shooting rubbish that appeared on here.

As for bullshit, if it's ignored then it becomes accepted as fact. That's bad. Nobody who spoyuts lies should be allowed to get away with it.

Anf the proof you have that he was spouting lies was................?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Dave, I didn't see anything I would regard as "foot-shooting rubbish" in any of the replies.

What I did see was, opinions that anyone could find by just surfing the net. The poster wanted some quick answers, so took a more direct route.

If by chance the poster was an anti, there was nothing said on here, that wasn't already easily available anyway.

The only difference was, that on here he wasn't attacked in the way a pike attacks it's prey.

That indeed could be the answer.

Just as it's reported that some owners assume the characteristics of their pets, maybe some anglers are effected in the same way by the fish they pursue.

John,

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John