A question . . . ?

Sutton Warrior

This is the photo-pic'ie side of an angling based forum. We used to get a lot of 'siting by the lake, rod in hand, I saw . . . ', not so many of those now???

As photographers, how often do you have a camera with you, always - sometimes - at weekends - only in my fishing box - do you go out on special picture sorties?

Personally, I keep a camera with me most of the time when practical, including work, earning a living as a driver, I see things that I register in the mind to come back to or if possible, stop there and then. 'Wall of glass', one of my this months comp entries was a, 'go back when the light is right'. I carry a Canon compact S50 in the car, sometimes I grab a Nikon D40X, in its Lowpro Nova 1 gadget bag, it fits perfectly between the two front seets of my Picasso.

Now the summer is 'nearly hear', the D40X will be more often employed, and the S50 will stay in the glove compartment.

My boat fishing trips, I always have have a camera on board.

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

special picture sorties---yes, being a man of leisure when the fancy takes me i'm off.

I didn't always have the camera with me when i was just out and about until one day i was out and there was a whirly willy ( like small tornado ) coming across the paddocks with the soil and dust spinning

about 4 metres in the air on a bright sunny day and the camera was back in my unit. I was telling HB and he said "whats the point of having a camera if you don't carry it "

Now whenever i go out so does the camera.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I always carry a camera - I had a tiny little digital camera from Tesco's, which I've now upgraded to a Samsung S850. I take loads of photo's when I'm out walking and fishing, but now I want to take something better than snapshots.

I'm still learning how to use it, but hopefully I'll soon be able to enter something in the monthly competition - a very daunting prospect, looking at some of the excellent photographs on there!

Janet

I try to take my camera with me most places. If I'm going to a family event or going comping then its a given that the camera goes too. I often take it to work because you never know when you might want it and I've got a couple of projects that I want to do and never know when I might have the opportunity to start one.

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif

My camera goes with me most of the time 'on holiday' on walks etc. Ditto when fishing. I don't however have one with me all the time but I do carry my phone with me, which I use on those rare occasions when I want to take a picture of something in particular.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Hellbelly: "I try to take my camera with me most places. If I'm going to a family event or going comping then its a given that the camera goes too. I often take it to work because you never know when you might want it and I've got a couple of projects that I want to do and never know when I might have the opportunity to start one."

Mick.

Hay Mick, holstered ready to draw B) I've put it in the other post, but there is 8 days to go, what about one of those great 'scapes' you used to do when you first got that wide angle lens, enter it in the competition, keep the end up so to speak? :rolleyes:

SW (Cliff)

Edited by Sutton Warrior

I've just had a tally up in my mind, I've got 5 cameras sitting around . . . 5 :o !!!! Three point and shoot compacts and two DSLR's . . . :doh: How, why??? . . . I can only use one camera at one time!!!

Although the Canon A640 will come in handy, Hazels back and curved spine is getting to be a problem. She uses the Nikon D40X, but is finding having to stand up straight as you do for a DSLR, a bit of an effort these days, and its a bit heavy (for here), picture taking is supposed to be fun ^_^ . . . So we will dust off the swivel screened Canon A640 and she can use it at waist level like a 'format box type camera' in live view . . . :clap2: Not ideal, first experiments give camera shake, but a little coordination??? My best thought to overcome the problem, until (if/when?) her back improves.

Positive thoughts :P . . . SW

I've just had a tally up in my mind, I've got 5 cameras sitting around . . . 5 :o !!!! Three point and shoot compacts and two DSLR's . . . :doh: How, why??? . . . I can only use one camera at one time!!!

<snip>

I think I've got 5 or 6 - including 3 or 4 'old' SLR's; Minolta, Canon, olympus plus the 2 canon DSLR's and possibly an old fuji lying around somewhere.

Does anyone collect old film SLR's ? Seems a shame to just dispose of them in the dustbin.

Rob.

Although the Canon A640 will come in handy, Hazels back and curved spine is getting to be a problem. She uses the Nikon D40X, but is finding having to stand up straight as you do for a DSLR, a bit of an effort these days, and its a bit heavy (for here), picture taking is supposed to be fun ^_^ . . . So we will dust off the swivel screened Canon A640 and she can use it at waist level like a 'format box type camera' in live view . . . :clap2: Not ideal, first experiments give camera shake, but a little coordination??? My best thought to overcome the problem, until (if/when?) her back improves.

Positive thoughts :P . . . SW

Get a screw that will fit in the tripod mount and get it welded to a length of chain. If Hazel screws it to the camera, and drops the other end on the floor, she can stand on it. Then pull up when taking the shot. End of camera shake. A low tech solution but I hope it helps.

Cheers,

OT

Edited by OwdTrout

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious"

Get a screw that will fit in the tripod mount and get it welded to a length of chain. If Hazel screws it to the camera, and drops the other end on the floor, she can stand on it. Then pull up when taking the shot. End of camera shake. A low tech solution but I hope it helps.

Cheers,

OT

Seen that recommended before, thanks for the reminder 'OT'. First things first, Hospital Monday, test procedures, work out whats wrong and how to put it right? She might even be able to straighten up enough eventually? But its going to be a longish haul, as backs so often seem to be???