Shipping a rod to Germany

Templedog

Hello,

I want to buy a rod for float fishing for chub, roach and grayling.

In Germany I could not find a good rod.

So I want to go Ebay.co.uk but there is the problem to send the rod to Germany.

Can anyone give me some help for shipping a float rod (shipping length 5 feet) to Germany in an inexpensive way?

Is it not possible to ship a rod for less than 25 GBP?

Thanks,

Thilo

I don't have an answer but to give you some possible solutions, I posted a question on the International Board on eBay UK. You can follow the discussion there from this link.

Shipping a fishing rod UK to Germany

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There are some members on here who ship fishing rods overseas so you may well get an answer here first but I though it could not hurt to post the question on that board as well.

I think today is a Bank Holiday in the UK so many people are not at home or using a PC and answers are slower than usual in arriving.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I sell on e bay, not rods but some long items. Most e bayers use the UK PO who have an upper limit of 1.5 meters.

I lived in Germany for 6 years, and bought several rods vis mail order from the UK (pre-internet days), I just ordered from the classifieds in 'angling times' , and can't remember the charges being especially high, and if they had been I wouldnt have bothered and bought locally instead. Try a few dealers, they must be competiative rates.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Hello,

I want to buy a rod for float fishing for chub, roach and grayling.

In Germany I could not find a good rod.

So I want to go Ebay.co.uk but there is the problem to send the rod to Germany.

Can anyone give me some help for shipping a float rod (shipping length 5 feet) to Germany in an inexpensive way?

Is it not possible to ship a rod for less than 25 GBP?

Thanks,

Thilo

According to the Parcelforce website £25.99 is the cost for International Standard. So no it's not possible.

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

Hello Newt,

I do not get new information about shipping a rod to Germany for less than 25 GBP but...

Dpd.co.uk is able to send parcels up to 1,75 metres and 5 kg weight for about 25 GBP.

At Ebay I've seen some auctions where the seller declares a shipping rate of 15 GPB for a rod to Germany.

Example:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=300223183901

Seller:

http://myworld.ebay.de/richyf72/

I had asked him for the shipping contractor but he only tells me something like "Royal Mail".

That should no be possible.

Regards,

Thilo

i shipped 3 there for less ,the problems occur when their over 150cm ,i withdrew one longer that would have been £16 as the courier wanted me to take it them :angry:

basinstoke is a fair distance from here

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson