Lost but now found . . .

Sutton Warrior

Looking through the external computer files last night, and came across a folder I did not recognise, 'Sunrise', open it . . . a eureka moment :clap2: In December I took a sequence of Sunrise/Sunset pictures on the same day, with a cod fishing trip punctuating the time in between. I posted some on here and one 'Bird Roost' won that months competition. The pictures also marked a point in time, a personal milestone, get away from 'snapshots' and do some serious photography.

Which I have pursued, how successfully??? however, shortly after, I changed my Computer, saving all my old file to an external hard drive, view to reinstate when the new computer was up and running. Everything went fine, but where had my Sunrise pictures gone?? :( Ever since, I have looked, with no luck?

Until last night, the whole file, all the original from the session, lurking inside another file, miss-filed . . . you cant get the staff these days . . . :lol:

So here they are again, to celibrate the discovery of my lost pictures, and that personal milestone. Some you have seen, but not all. I have re cropped then all from the originals, and tweaked the colour curve a a tad, not the competition now so I can do that! B)

1 Competition winner 'Bird Roost', re croped.

1NewrwtreeroostDSC_0243.jpg

2 'Old scrubbing posts'.

1NewrwscrubingpostDSC_0106.jpg

3 'Spectacular colour' very little colour adjustment!

1NewrwRisingsunDSC_0072.jpg

4 'Shotley Promenade' at sunset

1NewrwPromanadeDSC_0134.jpg

5 'Felistowe Docks'

1newrwcranesDSC_0205.jpg

6 'Little Gem' ready for the cod fishing trip

1NewrwLittleGemDSC_0214.jpg

I am so pleased to have found my lost originals, seen them before, I hope you enjoy the new crop, if new to you please enjoy . . . ;) SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Not new to me Cliff but they loose nothing in a second viewing, FWIW I think the crops work well.

Were they all taken with the D80 by any chance?

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

Jeez! I wish I could take photographs like that!

Janet

Janet, it was one of those sessions, it did not matter where you pointed the camera there was a shot :sun: Early morning, frost on the ground, I slipped down slopes, preferring to nearly break my neck rather than the camera, the sun was up and gone in 30 minutes, I took a total of about 40 pictures I think? I pass this location every time I go to the boat, it often presents opportunities, but this day was spectacular. . . seem to remember we had some good cod as well . . . then to come home and have another session in the sunset, pictures 1 and 4 are from the sunset session. :rolleyes:

SW

Yes, they certainly are good. Very good in fact. I love the colours but the quality of the pics looks great too. Something to be proud of there SW.

Mick.

Thanks Mick, I happened to be in the right place, at the right time on 'the right day', all day. :lol: I am also please with them because the ISO was jacked up to 1600!!! and D80's are not at their best with such high numbers, so they say. The noise is there but it seems to work with the pictures, no intruding?

SW