Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Guest tigger
and for that matter is a head torch even wise?

Yes you are right, well all get some night vision gear :huh:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could always go for one of these it has a night light (redlamp) which apparently is harder for fish/animanls to see.

Just a thought!

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

No need, just have carrots for every meal for the week leading up to the Fish-In. Don't you know nuffink? ;)

Geoff

You could always go for one of these it has a night light (redlamp) which apparently is harder for fish/animanls to see.

Just a thought!

Ant

And what a good thought too, I actually have the Energizer red LED headlamp similar to that one already! Still, my question stands, as often it is possible to see at night depending on the moon and/or cloud. The weekend will be last quarter moon, so depending on cloud and/or light pollution, it is entirely feasible to do without a torch for most activities.

Geoff

I would say that if you can avoid using a torch/headtorch, that's the best option, especially if the water's clear and/or you're fishing fairly close in. However, if you need to use one, use one, but try to keep it dim and not shining on the water if possible. Red is apparently a much better idea than white, and doesn't ruin your night vision.

I don't know what effect a light would have on the bream, but I wouldn't risk it! Everything seems to scare them! With the tench I don't think it matters too much. I usually use my headtorch to land any fish at night, but just put it on at the very last second.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Red is apparently a much better idea than white, and doesn't ruin your night vision.

I usually use my headtorch to land any fish at night, but just put it on at the very last second.

Agreed with you Andrew. Red light is better than white.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

If I pass Selection, does anyone have a bedchair I could kindly borrow for the fish-in?

Geoff

I would say that if you can avoid using a torch/headtorch, that's the best option, especially if the water's clear and/or you're fishing fairly close in. However, if you need to use one, use one, but try to keep it dim and not shining on the water if possible. Red is apparently a much better idea than white, and doesn't ruin your night vision.

I don't know what effect a light would have on the bream, but I wouldn't risk it! Everything seems to scare them! With the tench I don't think it matters too much. I usually use my headtorch to land any fish at night, but just put it on at the very last second.

Not only is red better for baiting up etc (as you dont wreck your night vision before casting!) but it doesnt spook the fish into fighting at the net!

If I pass Selection, does anyone have a bedchair I could kindly borrow for the fish-in?

Yes Geoff.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Yes Geoff.

Ohh, top man, thank you very much Budgie. :thumbs:

(and now trying his luck) Does anyone know a good boilie flavour and size for tench? :D

And the best bit? I had 100% confidence in my 'should I get to Wingham tench methods and bait', and it didn't involve boilies! Now I'm full of doubt and back to square one! Grrrrr. :rolleyes:

Geoff