Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Steve - when you sent a mail to me earlier today you didn't attach the letter with it.

Can you resend the attach letter please.

Ta.

Whoops! Done.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously I know where a fishes shoulder is (for scale removal)...but I um, err, forgot (yes that's it, I forgot), so could someone remind me?

Geoff

I've been asked what you should do if you catch a record on the Fish-In.

Please immediately call Terry or Glyn if at night, or if between 9am and 9pm please immediately call me (the numbers are on your welcome letter). Keep the fish in the water either in a sack or in your landing net (but don't let it escape!) and await assistance.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Anglers fishing other monster bream venues like Queenford and TC found that bream kept in sacks overnight coughed up all sorts of groundbait items. However they never coughed up hemp, tares or maples!

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like I doubted you, I had read that before here and I assume you're right. I would ust be happy to catch a good sized tench so I'm also half thinking about just trying to give myself the best bet of catching a fish :-).

On a side note, does anyone have any idea why the monster bream didn't cough up hemp? Did smaller bream from those venues? I would guess perhaps that the monster bream have either grown so large by not wasting energy searching for smaller baits or that they have a totally different diet to normal bream (I reckon all moster specimens are fish that have turned canibal and eaten other fish). Do very large carp eat hemp?

Errrm

p.s. sorry that was very off topic :-)

I've been asked what you should do if you catch a record on the Fish-In.

Please immediately call Terry or Glyn if at night, or if between 9am and 9pm please immediately call me (the numbers are on your welcome letter). Keep the fish in the water either in a sack or in your landing net (but don't let it escape!) and await assistance.

And me! What I'd give to see a record bream!

Rich

If I catch a record then I will be sending up a Very light with a giant firecracker attached :) (It doesn't say I can't in the rules) :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like I doubted you, I had read that before here and I assume you're right. I would ust be happy to catch a good sized tench so I'm also half thinking about just trying to give myself the best bet of catching a fish :-).

On a side note, does anyone have any idea why the monster bream didn't cough up hemp? Did smaller bream from those venues? I would guess perhaps that the monster bream have either grown so large by not wasting energy searching for smaller baits or that they have a totally different diet to normal bream (I reckon all moster specimens are fish that have turned canibal and eaten other fish). Do very large carp eat hemp?

Errrm

p.s. sorry that was very off topic :-)

There's more about bream and their feeding habits on this huge topic: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Big-bream-t82897.html.

Briefly though, many of us are convinced that bream in waters like Wingham lead a different way of life to "normal" bream due to lack of competition more or less from the day they're born.

Many of us also believe that big bream are cannibalistic, but by no means exclusively so.

Big carp certainly do eat hemp.

However rather than discuss this further here I'd suggest any further such posts go on the big bream topic mentioned above.

Edited by Steve Burke

Steve I have paid via Paypal can you let me know that you have received it. Thanks

We are expecting our usual blank but will be going all out to break it and catch our first Wingham fish. We have to get our rod licences, luckily I remembered those yesterday! Don't normally need mine until June if I can help it. Wingham is one of the few reasons I fish 'out of season' Matthew was giving Liam a shoulder carry round the lake the first year we came, I don't think I will be giving him one this year!! :o:lol:

I have my fishing head on this year so I am really looking forwad to getting out again and not having a lot of crap going on in my life to interfere with my fishing.

See you all Satuday.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Steve I have paid via Paypal can you let me know that you have received it. Thanks

Got it. Thanks.

Hi,

I'm starting to get together a list of terminal tackle I need and so can some people give me some advice please.

Hooks

Various Sizes (following the barb/no barb rules) so I can fish sweetcorn, maggots, boilie size objects etc

Hook Line

What strength hook length should I be using, normally I tend to fish light so I was thinking 4lb hook lengths which could be used when float fishing and ledgering, is this to light? Should I use mono or braid.... or even flurocarbon? I was expecting to use mono or flurocarbon.

Back Leads

I have never used back leads but are they required?

Leads/Feeder Types

What type of feeders/leader weights would people suggest, I was thinking about open ended cage feeders (apparently I'll only need to cast about 30 yards).

Any help you can give me would be really appreciated.

Errrm