Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

and whilst we're on the subject of food - my brother, Alan, provided bacon and sausage sandwiches and tea and coffee to greet the early (and not so early) arrivals at Wingham on the Saturday morning when he was alive. I carried on his tradition last year and I shall be doing it again this. As if you needed any more encouragement to put your names down :lol::lol: .

See you from 7am!

Steve C.

p.s. Elton - Heinz Ketchup as well as HP sauce provided! :P

Still trying to catch up with this thread as we are now coming. Can I order 2 pleeeeaaaaaasssssssseeeeee, it will make a change for you to do the cooking ;)

See you Saturday

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Half tempted to pop down and see you guys if you'll have me. It'll be on my motorbike I expect so no way of getting any gear along with that length of ride.

I went a few years ago but caught nowt :D

James if there are any cancellations and you can go then I could take your gear down.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Be really great if all of us could meet up at one of the BBQs for a posed group photo for the AN wall.

Geoff

Still trying to catch up with this thread as we are now coming. Can I order 2 pleeeeaaaaaasssssssseeeeee, it will make a change for you to do the cooking ;)

See you Saturday

lyn

Hi Lyn,

No need to order. There'll be plenty!! And, as for it being a change for me to do the cooking, well!!. . . . . :o

It'll be a pleasure repaying you for all the mulled wine and scoff I've enjoyed at Timsbury. :D

Steve C.

Feverishly monitoring the weather reports - weekend forecast has slipped from sunny to 20%-40% chance of rain. <_<

Assuming you can stand the rain it may make for very good fishing! Ask Anderoo!

Rich

Assuming you can stand the rain it may make for very good fishing! Ask Anderoo!

Rich

:rolleyes:

In case you don't know, I hate the rain! Being wet is the most miserable feeling. However, despite horrendous conditions about this time last year, the tench went bonkers, they loved it.

So, don't worry about a bit of rain, it might mean some good catches.

There's supposed to be a good southerly blowing too, which is good news.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Lyn

Thanks for the offer, I wouldn't be able to be there for the whole day/weekend so a fly by visit to say Hi to everyone I was hoping to do. I'll need to double check routes and distance and of course how the weather is.

thanks again :)

James if there are any cancellations and you can go then I could take your gear down.

lyn

James

Guest tigger
:rolleyes:

In case you don't know, I hate the rain! Being wet is the most miserable feeling. However, despite horrendous conditions about this time last year, the tench went bonkers, they loved it.

So, don't worry about a bit of rain, it might mean some good catches.

There's supposed to be a good southerly blowing too, which is good news.

I'd rather blank in the sunshine than catch in the rain ;)

Best of luck to everyone fishing this years event at Wingham, I really fancied it myself this year but changing circumstances means that it was'nt possible to put my name down for a place for what I think will be one hellofa weekend

Hope theres some good catch's made and I'll look forward to the reports when they're posted as they've always been a good read and some good photos and from that I assume the cracks good as well, see what happens next year might be able to make itas I really am envious of those that do fish the weekend

Tight lines everyone and no dropped fish at the net