Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the advice, I'm having trouble finding a shop which stocks the Arma mesh at the moment so it will either be ordering it online a paying for next day delivery or trying to find a subsitute... I was thinking about a cork ball with hemp glue all around it, this would also mean I would be able to pop the hemp up above a pile of hemp introduced in a PVA bag but I'm not sure what the rules are concerning using super glue....

Errrm

I've no problem with Superglue.

However there's evidence that bream in waters like Wingham don't eat hemp, or for that matter tares and maples. I'd therefore suggest you try someting else non-meaty at night such as sweetcorn, otherwise you might miss out being the next holder of the UK bream record!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

You should now all have received an e-mail with a welcome letter with further details, directions and rules. If you haven't by this evening please post here.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I've been asked for the postcode for the fishery for use in Sat Navs. As we don't get letters delivered we don't have a postcode. However you should be able to put in something close from the directions I've sent.

Or read a map! (Sat Navs are a pet hate of mine!) :bleh:

I have made up 7 lightweight bobbins in various colours ( 2red, 2 blue, 2 yellows, 1 orange) 4 in the Fox offset tags and 3 in the Gardner tags but unfortunately I do not have any more isotope or starlight to fit in the bobbin bodies. Again there no weight on them either, who ever want to borrow them will have to add some weight to it. Normally I add a few of ssg shots to stop them swinging about from the side winds.

The length are around 40"+ (from the tags to the bobbins( so if the angler want shorter length - just cut off the excess and tie a couple of granny knots

Let me know though as I'm only going to bring the spare stuff if people want it

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I've been asked for the postcode for the fishery for use in Sat Navs. As we don't get letters delivered we don't have a postcode. However you should be able to put in something close from the directions I've sent.

Or read a map! (Sat Navs are a pet hate of mine!) :bleh:

I would think that the postcode for the farm along the track will be good enough.

Just ignore the 'you have arrived at your destination' and continue down the track until the gates of Wingham are reached.

Only trouble is I don't know the postcode for the farm!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I've no problem with Superglue.

However there's evidence that bream in waters like Wingham don't eat hemp, or for that matter tares and maples. I'd therefore suggest you try someting else non-meaty at night such as sweetcorn, otherwise you might miss out being the next holder of the UK bream record!

I'll keep that in mind, I'm mainly targetting tench but I guess it would be an oversight to ignore tactics which could catch both during the night. I'll keep it in mind, thanks :-)

Errrm

I'll keep that in mind, I'm mainly targetting tench but I guess it would be an oversight to ignore tactics which could catch both during the night. I'll keep it in mind, thanks :-)

Errrm

Anglers fishing other monster bream venues like Queenford and TC found that bream kept in sacks overnight coughed up all sorts of groundbait items. However they never coughed up hemp, tares or maples!