IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE....?

Janet

How could anyone get weary of pictures like that?

Looks like it posed for you! Was that a shot that you went out specially to get, or was it a more opportunistic one? It seems that capturing wildlife is one aspect of photography that demands immense patience and dedication!

So far my wildlife photographs are restricted to the local pigeon population!

Janet

I agree, grate picture, putt's me in mind of the stuffed finches my auntie used to have in here living room, wow that though has bought back memories . . . . . . very happy memories, my Auntie Alice and Uncle Cyrl . . . Sadly, long departed . . . :rolleyes:

Janet, you had some luck with the local 'Lions'? . . . . . . . . . . Dandy-lions :lol::roll1: . . . well, I thought it was funny?

SW

SW - you are easily amused!

You know, I must have taken fifty or more pictures of dandelions in the first few days that I had the camera. I know they're considered to be weeds, but personally I love them! It's a great sign of summer approaching...

Janet

SW - you are easily amused!

You know, I must have taken fifty or more pictures of dandelions in the first few days that I had the camera. I know they're considered to be weeds, but personally I love them! It's a great sign of summer approaching...

Janet

I certainly am Janet, you know me, anything goes, sign of spring approaching . . . yes, mmm :g: and a sign that I'm a rubbish gardener, I have a great crop in the law this year . . . another sign; the lawn now needs mowing every week!!! :lol:

4.30am! . . . there is only one reason to be up and awake this early, off to catch some late season cod, keep the fingers crossed for an early bass . . . B) try to get some thing more than snapshots to post for the days efforts? . . . "watch out you coood" :clap2: shhhhhhh!!!

SW

How could anyone get weary of pictures like that?

Looks like it posed for you! Was that a shot that you went out specially to get, or was it a more opportunistic one?

I just don't expect others to share my enthusiasm for another of my hobbies. viz: I got a pic of a Lesser Whitethroat the same day and although it's not such a good pic as the Chaffinch they are much harder to photograph, so for me the LW is the better pic but I wouldn't expect it to appeal to anyone else.

That one was opportunistic, as are most of my bird pics, I have the camera in my hand the whole time I'm out birding, (I spend more time birdwatching than fishing these days).

Edited by ayjay

I just don't expect others to share my enthusiasm for another of my hobbies.

We may not all share your enthusiasm for bird watching, but that doesn't stop us appreciating quality photographs!

Personally I'd like to see more, possibly with some hints and tips on how to take them? So far I've only managed to get decent shots of pigeons and the Canada geese that are nesting on our lake, and that's only because I was able to get reasonably close. Really wild birds are rather a different matter!

On a day fishing on my lake I see (or hear!) so many different birds, but I'm never in quite the right place at the right time. Last week we had herons, crows, blackbirds, thrushes, curlews, lapwings, blue tits, great tits, long tailed tits, wrens and goodness only know what else. We also have a lot of magpies and usually get treated to a display of hunting by a gorgeous kestrel. One one occasion a buzzard flew down and landed on one of the pegs - how I wish I'd had my new camera then!

I'm off for a night fishing session later today, and hope to get some pictures of our resident ducks and moorhens, as both families now have broods of photogenic little floating fluffballs...

Janet