Raise A Glass To Yourselves....

Elton

Anglers' Net is 10-years old today, so please take a moment to raise a glass/mug/can of your favourite tipple and say 'cheers' to each other. :drunk:

Whether you've been here from the start, or only just joined, you're part of that ten-year history and here's to the next ten years!

Tight Lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Elton and best wishes for the next ten. :D:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Happy 10th birthday Anglers Net :clap2::fishing: you really are the No 1 site :1a: Elton I would like to thank you for letting me share the last 9 of those years with you. Without knowing it you and many of the friends both cyber and those that became real, have helped me through some difficult times and for that I thank you.

We have lost a few good friends along the way and to those I also raise my glass, 'to absent friends' :)

To AnglersNet , Elton and all it's members I raise my glass, thank you all and look forward to seeing you all at the birthday bash,( when Elton gives me the dates)

Love, health and happiness to you all, :group::group:

Heres to another ten years :drunk::D

Lots of love

Lyn, Liam and Matthew

x

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

A very happy birthday to us all.

bouncing-grinning-smiley.gif

birthday_balloon_cake_hb.gif

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Congratulations Elton and Anglers' Net Team, both on an excellent site, and for attracting a better stamp of angler to the forums (myself being the exception of course!).

All together now:

'For he's a jolly good fellow,

for he's a jolly good fellow...........................

Edited by Angly

Geoff

Even some of us relative newbies (ordinaries) want to join in and wish the site and Elton and the mods and Alan Stubbs :) many, many happy returns. :D

A thought goes out to the ones who are no longer here to join in.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I remember a time before Anglersnet, or any UK angling website, when computers and the internet were the preserve of the geeky few, chatting to an angler called Elton Murphy on the newsgroup UK.REC.FISHING.COARSE.

Eventually we met up, and when walking along the banks of the Ardenleigh Resevoir during a lure-fishing match young Elton, single, employed, no kids, revealed this idea of starting a fishing website.

And now Elton is older, and Anglersnet is an important part of angling history.

We all owe Elton a lot for his vision and determination, a pioneer.

Here's to the next 10 years.

To absent friends.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust