Raise A Glass To Yourselves....

Elton

A big thumbs up to Elton and the team and to all members! Heres to the next ten and beyond :D

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many congratulations on a fabulous acheivement!

Almost three years ago, I decided, for no apparent reason, to take up fishing. I knew absolutely nothing, and I didn't know anyone else who fished...

I Googled "angling" and came up with this site - needless to say, I've been here ever since!

Without the help, advice, goodwill and infinite patience of the guys on this site, I probably wouldn't still be doing it now. Both on the open forum and behind the scenes, I've been given encouragement every step of the way.

Some of you I've met, most I haven't, but I still consider you all to be my friends...as John so succinctly put it - you guys have helped me more than you'll ever know. It may sound trite, but it's true to say that my life has been totally changed by angling and the guys on Anglers Net.

For that I thank you all, and especially Elton and his motley band of Mods...

Long may it continue!

Here's to the next ten years....

Cheers everyone!

Janet

All I can say is agree with every one else, I've put several people at work on to this site and they've all said it's excellent. Roll on the next 10, 20, 30, etc years !!!

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

If it wasn't for Anglers' Net, I wouldn't have been able to talk so much rubbish for so long. Long may I continue....lol.... :lol:

Happy Birthday AN

....Andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Sorry to be late with my hopes that this birthday will have Many Happy Returns.

I would have called in earlier,but I've been fishing all day. :)

Congratulations to Elton on this brilliant site and the mods who we all love!!! ;)

I cannot believe you have all put up with me for seven years,

you have given me the confidence to fish and catch fish

for all the advice both fishing and photography I will always be grateful and especially for all the cyber friendships.

I too raise a glass to absent friends, to Alan who helped make me feel so welcome when I first posted and to Mr Wiggly for his love of photography

here is to the next ten years :drunk::drunk:

Judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif

8.gif1.gif16.gif16.gif25.gif2.gif9.gif18.gif20.gif8.gif4.gif1.gif25.gif1.gif14.gif7.gif12.gif5.gif18.gif19.gif14.gif5.gif20.gif

1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif

And remembering those who are no longer with us, gone but definitely not forgotten....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I got home from work and raised a glass of Mumm Cordon Rouge (a birthday present from a neighbour) in Elton's direction for so many reasons...

Introducing me to Leon - thanks to him as well...

Leon who introduced me to Steve Burke...Thanks to him too,

For the opportunity to meet two of the nicest guys ever, the Burgess brothers (not in the least related to the Kray twins :) )

For the chance to read Wordbender's pieces..always an education and always guaranteed to raise a laugh out loud response.

For the chance to meet and make friendships with Alan taylor and Gerry castles.... may they rest in peace and always catch big 'uns.

And for the opportunity to talk with countless other people whom I'm proud to call friends.

Cheers, Elton - you're definitely one of the good guys!

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine